Management Systems International
TITLE: Program Development Officer, USAID/ Armenia Support Initiative, Yerevan
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Only Armenian citizens are eligible for this position
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Armenian citizens
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position is primarily responsible for the identification, development and implementation of national and field-level activities. The Program Development Officer will make and maintain relationships with key partners, government officials, and community leaders within his/ her assigned technical or geographical area. He/ she designs activities and in-kind grants, coordinates with program leadership, and works closely with partners. The PDO is also responsible for coordinating political and security situational updates and conveying that information to SMT. He/ she provides M&E support on an ongoing basis for activities during activity implementation. This position will be based in Yerevan with potential for frequent travel to all regions. The successful candidate will be able to drive quick results and gradually work without direct supervision. He/ she will exhibit organizational skills, attention to detail, personal commitment, creativity, efficiency, flexibility and problem-solving skills.
Guiding Program Strategy
- Work with Senior Management to formulate program strategy and identify geographic areas, government bodies and population groups for activity development in line with program strategy;
- Travel to targeted communities for assessments when needed.
Develop Activity Ideas
- Lead in the identification of communities, community groups and government bodies within area of responsibility where program objectives can be met and draft activity ideas;
- After activities have undergone initial review and considered viable, document the activity in the Activity Database;
- In collaboration with M&E staff, set indicators and a monitoring plan for each activity;
- Prepare in-kind grant packages for review by Senior Management.
Liaise with Grantees and Counterparts
- Collaborate in preparing for and conducting project development and implementation meetings;
- Maintain working relationships and liaise with project counterparts, international organizations, and local and national authorities as appropriate.
Track Activity Progress
- Collaborate in the response to ad hoc requests for information as well as frequent reporting to USAID;
- Support Grants Specialist with activity close out;
- Support with data collection, as needed, and with contributions to the final evaluation reports;
- Assist in preparing success stories/ anecdotes on individual projects and other public information material, including photographs for both internal and external purposes;
- Enter information into the Activity Database for activity management;
- Provide capacity building and/ or training to supervisees as necessary;
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- University degree in a relevant field;
- At least 3 years of experience working in project development and implementation, preferably in close collaboration with the Government of Armenia;
- Experience working with political transition programs is an advantage;
- Demonstrated experience in program planning and implementation;
- Advance knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Determination, commitment, efficiency and adaptability;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Understanding of, and ability to work within complex socio-political environments;
- Ability to work under difficult conditions while maintaining security awareness;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously under pressure in a stressful environment and with colleagues from different cultural and professional backgrounds;
- Willingness to travel is essential;
- Knowledge of spoken and written English and Armenian languages.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to apply by following the link: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=MSI&cws=51&rid=6872
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 13 August 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 16 August 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: The Armenia Support Initiative seeks to support the Armenian government's technical and operational capacities to define and deliver on its democratic reform agenda; sustain public support for and engagement in the reform process; and, provide punctual, strategic technical assistance across all levels of government.
This announcement has been retrieved 1073 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.