Management Systems International
TITLE: Grants Specialist, USAID/ Armenia Support Initiative, Yerevan
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Armenian citizens
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Grants Specialist will be based in Yerevan and is part of the Grants team on the Armenia Program. This position is primarily responsible for conducting grantee eligibility checks, developing and tracking activity budgets, drafting grant agreements, negotiation memos, and modifications, drafting consulting agreements for consultants under activities, and maintaining all program related files. He/ she maintains regular communication with the grantees and conducts site visits, ensuring that all deliverables are met. The position will work closely with the Program team for monitoring and ensuring compliance with the grant implementation plan.
- Liaise with communities and/or counterparts within government entities in assigned geographic area to assist the PDO with the development of activities and guide the implementation of projects; develop and maintain transparent, friendly, open, and professional relationships with local counterparts, beneficiaries, and other international organizations, as well as local and national authorities;
- Provide weekly updates on grant implementation to the rest of the program team, utilizing the activity database, meetings and other tools;
- Create and edit budgets for grant agreements in coordination of the Program Development Officer and Field Officers. (PDO and FO);
- Review and adjust grant budgets in consultation with the procurement team;
- Ensure proper negotiation of the terms and conditions for Grants Under Contract (both cash and in-kind) and review and analyse budget estimates (for cash or in-kind grants) for allocability, reasonableness and consistency;
- Ensure the proper preparation and execution of grant documents and grant disbursements consistent and compliant with United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and MSI requirements, procedures and best practices;
- Track any changes in the financial needs of an activity and modify budgets as necessary using the activity database;
- Complete excluded party verifications and Negotiation Memos;
- Maintain accurate and timely program and grant documentation in electronic, hard copy and back-up copies, and ensure that completed grants are closed in a timely manner according to deadlines;
- Support the M&E Specialist with data collection, as needed, and with contributions to the final evaluation reports;
- Review all grantee deliverables, with the support of the PDO, for the final approval by the DCOP-O for grant close out;
- Have constant and close communication with the Program Team in anticipation of contingencies;
- In coordination with the supervisor ensure that Grants has been managed in response to the Program needs;
- This position reports to Grants Manager but works closely and coordinates with the Program Team.
- 3 years of experience in grants or procurement roles on development projects; specific experience with USAID projects is highly desirable;
- Proven ability to maintain professional relationships with local counterparts, beneficiaries, contractors, suppliers, other international organizations, as well as local and national authorities;
- Task and detail-oriented person with the ability to work independently and within a team to meet deadlines;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt easily to change;
- Experience working in remote and complex areas;
- Excellent communication skills as well as a) proactive problem-solving skills independently and with teams, b) a strong service orientation, and c) assertive communication and emotional intelligence;
- Ability to work effectively and collegially under pressure in a stressful environment and with colleagues from different backgrounds;
- Fluency in English language is strongly preferred.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to apply by following the link: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=MSI&cws=51&rid=6875 .
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 13 August 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 16 August 2019
ABOUT: The Armenia Support Initiative seeks to support the Armenian government’s technical and operational capacities to define and deliver on its democratic reform agenda; sustain public support for and engagement in the reform process; and, provide punctual, strategic technical assistance across all levels of government.
This announcement has been retrieved 498 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.