Management Systems International
TITLE: Procurement Specialist, USAID/ Armenia Support Initiative, Yerevan
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Only Armenian citizens are eligible for this position
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position conducts all procurement related to the activities, ensures compliance with USAID and MSI policies and procedures, monitors and implements subcontractors' and vendors' contractual compliance, and coordinates procurement actions as outlined in MSI's Procurement Field Guide. He/ she assists with budget development for new activities and coordinates with the field teams on delivery of procured goods and services. He/ she works closely with the finance team to ensure timely payments. The position will be based in Yerevan and will be responsible for supporting procurement processes either in Yerevan or in a specific region of Armenia.
- Coordinate with field teams and grants specialists on item specification and budget;
- Perform market research to find item specifications and appropriate vendors;
- Initiate activity procurements as outlined in the Activity Manual Addendum, the Activity Cycle Flowchart and Field Procurement Guide;
- Coordinate the implementation of contracts/ procurement procedures; participate in bid-openings and technical and cost evaluations; and perform due diligence for awarded procurements;
- Maintain an updated database of local vendors and a list of prices as a reference for budgeting;
- Travel to Project sites when necessary to monitor delivery of procured goods to grantees and inspect quality of goods acquired;
- Monitor contracts and purchase orders issued to vendors and follow up as necessary to ensure compliance to terms and conditions;
- Contact all contractors and vendors on invoice or deliverable due dates to confirm submission of contractually-mandated payment documents;
- Work with the Finance and Administration Manager to identify purchase orders that may require modifications or cancellation due to financial or administrative non-compliance;
- Alert the Finance and Administration Manager in the event of missed deadlines or deliverables on the part of vendors;
- Follow up on deadline payments for subcontractors and vendors in order to achieve monthly burn rate;
- Maintain the overall integrity of the procurement filing system;
- Support M&E area with data collection, as needed;
- Close-out each purchase order once completed, according to established policies and procedures;
- Work as part of an activity implementation team along with a Grants Specialist, Program Development Officer, and Field Officer with the primary responsibility of acquiring goods and services necessary for transition activities;
- Maintain and organize electronic procurement files on Egnyte;
- Work with the Program Team/ grants specialists to update and monitor a master deliverable calendar for procurement actions;
- Actively contribute to information sharing within the Project;
- Report to the Operations Manager but coordinate with the Program Teams;
- Perform other job-related tasks as requested by the Operations Manager.
- 3 years of experience working with procurements and acquisition processes applying USAID's policies and procedures;
- Proven ability to maintain professional relationships with local counterparts, beneficiaries, contractors, suppliers, other international organizations, as well as local and national authorities;
- Task and detail-oriented person with ability to work independently and within a team to meet deadlines;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt easily to change;
- Experience working in remote and complex areas;
- Excellent communication skills as well as: a) proactive problem-solving skills independently and with teams, b) a strong service orientation, and c) assertive communication and emotional intelligence;
- Ability to work effectively and collegially under pressure in a stressful environment and with colleagues from different backgrounds;
- Fluency in English language is strongly preferred.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to apply by following the link: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=MSI&cws=51&rid=6873 .
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 13 August 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 16 August 2019
ABOUT: The Armenia Support Initiative seeks to support the Armenian government's technical and operational capacities to define and deliver on its democratic reform agenda; sustain public support for and engagement in the reform process; and, provide punctual, strategic technical assistance across all levels of government.
This announcement has been retrieved 720 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.