Management Systems International
TITLE: Finance and Administration Manager, USAID/ Armenia Support Initiative, Yerevan
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Only Armenian citizens are eligible for this position
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Armenian citizens
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Finance and Administration Manager will oversee all accounting, budgeting and financial operations. He/ she will ensure that accounting, budgeting and financial activities are carried out in a manner consistent with the objectives of the Project, and in compliance with Armenian law, USAID regulations and MSI policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the Chief of Party, Operations Manager and Home Office Project Management team to establish and oversee the management of the Project financial systems;
- Support the supervision of the administration, financial, human resources, and technology of the USAID/ Armenia Program;
- Ensure availability of funds, manage and reconcile any differences with local currency bank accounts;
- Manage and support the payment process for Program activities, carry out monitoring of advances and ensure the proper use and management of the financial resources of the Program, in line with the requirements of USAID and MSI;
- Review all payment documentation and verify information prior to approval, signature of the COP and OM, and payment processing;
- Ensure that accounting and finance actions are compliant with MSI and USAID procedures and regulations; advise COP on policies and regulations related to finance, and administration;
- Represent the Program with local administrations (social security, tax authorities, landlord, etc.);
- Ensure that all required documents are accurate and updated and compliant with the up to date local regulations and laws governing taxes, contracts, administration and accounting;
- Support and monitor requests for funds for the implementation of the Program;
- Monitor and support proper management and continuous updating of the asset inventory of the Program, including transfer of property, disposition plan and any other specific use;
- Support finance team to remain compliant with local accounting laws;
- Provide support to the office manager for administrative oversight of the main office and any potential regional offices;
- Actively ensure compliance of the Program's policies and procedures;
- In coordination with the information technology specialist, support the needs of the area contributing to achievement of Program objectives;
- Perform other job-related tasks as requested by the COP and OM;
- This position will report to the COP but coordinate closely with the OM.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, or a related field;
- Substantial related experience working in project financial management for NGOs with strong knowledge of international donor requirements;
- Knowledge of USAID policies and business practices and direct experience managing the finances and administration of a USAID-funded project;
- Familiarity with grants management and project finance management, including financial controls, accounting, auditing, as well as reporting on accruals, pipelines and expenses;
- Advance knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and FrontPage);
- Determination, commitment, efficiency and adaptability;
- Excellent communication skills as well as: a) proactive problem-solving abilities independently and with teams, b) a strong service orientation, and c) inter-personal skills, self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously under pressure in a stressful environment and with colleagues from different cultural and professional backgrounds.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to apply by following the link: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=MSI&cws=51&rid=6874 .
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 13 August 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 16 August 2019
ABOUT: The Armenia Support Initiative seeks to support the Armenian government's technical and operational capacities to define and deliver on its democratic reform agenda; sustain public support for and engagement in the reform process; and, provide punctual, strategic technical assistance across all levels of government.
This announcement has been retrieved 1386 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.