Management Systems International
TITLE: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist, USAID/ Armenia Support Initiative, Yerevan
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Only Armenian citizens are eligible for this position
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Armenian citizens
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist (MELS) provides overall technical support, advice and oversight on Program and activity-level monitoring, evaluation and learning. Working with the Chief of Party, Regional Program Manager, and USAID staff, he/ she will help develop and implement a consistent MEL strategy and framework across all Program activities focused on capturing perceptions, outcomes, impacts and learning. The MELS will train staff and, where necessary, external partners on key MEL concepts, tools and processes as well as supervise the Reporting Assistant and MEL Assistants.
- Provide overall technical leadership, support, guidance, and oversight on monitoring and evaluation across the Program in Yerevan and periodically in field locations;
- With support from USAID, contribute to the design, implementation and ongoing revision of an innovative and flexible MEL plan and system that adheres to USAID guidance and meets the needs of the Program for activity tracking, measuring outcomes, impacts, learning, as well as analysis, and internal and external reporting;
- Offer rapid technical assistance in the development, selection, and application of MEL processes and tools in response to evolving Program needs, including new technologies and social media;
- Oversee and advise colleagues on activity MEL information management processes by reviewing high volume data collection efforts, overall data reliability, consistency, and quality;
- Lead and manage program-level evaluation efforts, including the development of studies that examine activity, cluster and higher strategic level outcomes and the utilization of MEL resources;
- Help identify, analyze, and synthesize lessons learned from Program implementation and facilitate the incorporation of those lessons into the activity development cycle, including scale and replication;
- Undertake, as required, visits to Program locations to collect data and/ or oversee teams for data collection efforts;
- Train other staff, and local partners where required, on key MEL concepts, tools, and processes relevant to the Program;
- Supervise the Reporting Assistant and MEL assistants.
- University degree in Economics, Political Science, Government, or a related field;
- At least 5 years of professional work experience;
- Professional work experience in evaluating programs, social projects, and/ or public policies;
- Professional work experience in research with qualitative and/ or quantitative methodologies (statistics or econometrics), including developing research reports;
- Prior professional work experience with NGOs, international contractors, multilateral institutions and/ or international cooperation agencies;
- Knowledge of and experience in developing and evaluating impact-oriented projects;
- Proficiency in MS Office (advanced level with Excel) and ability to use the internet;
- Rigorous time management and activity organization skills;
- Ability to maintain confidential information and work with a wide variety of people from diverse backgrounds;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to apply at: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=MSI&cws=51&rid=6876 .
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 13 August 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 16 August 2019
ABOUT: The Armenia Support Initiative seeks to support the Armenian government's technical and operational capacities to define and deliver on its democratic reform agenda; sustain public support for and engagement in the reform process; and, provide punctual, strategic technical assistance across all levels of government.
This announcement has been retrieved 662 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.