|Teach For Armenia Educational Foundation|
TITLE: Selection Specialist
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
DURATION: 01 October 2019 - 30 May 2020
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Teach For Armenia Educational Foundation is looking for a Selection Specialist to join its team.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The role of the Selection Specialist is to provide support in organizing the selection and matriculation processes.
Selection (40% of the time)
- Provide organizational support during Testing and Assessment Centres, including preparation of rooms and tests, printing of relevant materials, providing interviewers with the necessary equipment, meeting and registering participants, manage catering operations, conduct surveys;
- Collect necessary documents and be responsible for signed contracts;
- Collect data in Salesforce at every stage of selection;
- Coordinate the process of creating subject/ English/ logic tests (up to 5 copies each);
- Coordinate the work of the experts and piloting online test;
- Responsible for current fellows and Selection Council participation in Assessment Centres;
- Collaborate with other departments on keeping and sharing documentation relating to the participants;
- Perform periodic evaluation of the results at each stage of the process and come up with recommendations.
Matriculation (50% of the time)
- Send invitations/ rejection letters to candidates at every stage (including tests, Assessment Centre, Matriculation events, community visit, pre-service course, Leadership Development Academy);
- Organize tests for candidates who have successfully completed the application stage (including online);
- Plan and execute the participants' community visits, participation in the pre-service course and Leadership Development Academy;
- Remind/ confirm all participations at every stage via e-mails/ phone calls;
- Coordinate orientation calls with Diaspora candidates at all stages via email or Zoom platform. Organize surveys with contracted candidates from the Diaspora and personally conduct their cultivation as necessary;
- Draft contracts based on personal documents and send to candidates for signature;
- Organize matriculation events based on the preceding years' experience.
Recruitment (10% of time)
- Assist the recruitment team guided by monthly analysis;
- Provide a monthly report, including data on actual work and recommendations for improving the process' effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree;
- Work experience in the field of customer support is desired;
- Excellent organization, communication and relationship-building skills;
- Immense attention to detail;
- Advanced MS Office skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian and English languages, both oral and written; good knowledge of Russian language is strongly desired;
- Ability to excel when operating in high-pressure deadline-oriented environments; knowledge of Salesforce is a plus;
- Strong personal drive and individual initiative in daily routine;
- Solid problem-solving skills and good analysis skills;
- Data-driven and enthusiastic about analysis and diagnostics.
- Enthusiastic about Teach For Armenia mission and values with a deep belief in the importance of inspiring/ investing external people in the mission; high expectations for how Teach For Armenia is viewed by external stakeholders and the general public;
- Excellent research skills;
- Ability to effectively manage up and collaborate productively with peers to achieve ambitious, measurable results;
- Critical thinking and prioritization skills;
- Ability to think strategically and willingness to take calculated risks to build Teach For Armenia's brand;
- Excellent team player willing to work collaboratively with other departments;
- Ability to use positive language with applicants;
- Responsibility and willingness to learn.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Competitive, based on the previous experience
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for this position, all qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and cover letter by the deadline through the following link: https://teachforarmenia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=30. Early applications are encouraged. The vacancy will be closed once the suitable candidate is selected, even before the deadline of application submission.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 08 August 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 31 August 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Teach For Armenia is an independent, not-for-profit organization that is enlisting Armenia's most promising future leaders in its mission to ensure all children in Armenia have access to an excellent education. Participants in the program, known as Fellows, serve as full-time teachers for two years in high-need schools across Armenia and commit to transforming the education outcomes of less-privileged schoolchildren through significantly improving their achievements, affect and access. In the long term, Teach For Armenia Alumni will form a different class of leaders, working in various sectors to expand educational opportunities for all children in Armenia. To date, Teach For Armenia has recruited over 200 Fellows across 5 cohorts. It aims to grow this number aggressively given the scale and urgency of education inequity. Starting from 2017 Teach for Armenia also piloted the Leadership Development Program in Artsakh and in April 2018 officially launched a representative office in Stepanakert.
ABOUT: Apart from being qualified for the job, Teach for Armenia needs someone who shares its vision and mission and is aligned with its Core Values: Striving for Excellence, Constant Learning and Growth, Dedication and Resilience, Integrity and Humility. These Core Values are a vital component of the Organization's culture to ensure long-term and sustainable success, and therefore Teach for Armenia views them as an important component for the selection of new team members and Fellows. Teach For Armenia's collaborative working environment ensures abundant opportunities to expand own network and learning opportunities with other team members, Fellows, corporate partners, the Ministry of Education, other education stakeholders, as well as other like-minded individuals from the Teach For All network partners in over 40 countries. While the compensation package is fair and competitive, Teach For Armenia does not expect this to be the key reason for joining them. After all, they are not just offering a job; they are looking for a like-minded leader to grow with them and help them in their mission to ensure all children in Armenia have access to an education that unlocks their true potential.
This announcement has been retrieved 734 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.