|World Vision Armenia|
TITLE: Family Poverty Reduction Program Manager
DURATION: Open-ended contract
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Family Poverty Reduction Program Manager will develop, contextualize and implement evidence-based Poverty Reduction interventions for target beneficiary groups. He/ she will develop partnerships and collaboration with stake-holders, donors, and state authorities to advocate and promote World Vision Armenia’s models. Program Manager will work closely and give professional coaching and mentoring to all Area Programs during implementation of the poverty reduction model with the most vulnerable families, and will oversight to the implementation of the Technical Programs and Area Programs’ transition processes jointly with Technical Program, Marz Program, Child and Family Development Services Program and Area Program Transition & Development Managers. He/ she will motivate and inspire team during the Technical Program implementation and support in capacity building in the specific areas related to the poverty reduction model.
Program Planning and Management and Implementation
- Provide analysis of the country situation in Economic Development based on each marz to understand the possible specific trends of poverty reduction;
- Contextualize Poverty Reduction Model based on the successes and lessons learnt from Area Program implementation;
- Ensure effective work of Area Programs with the most vulnerable and vulnerable families to break the cycle of poverty while working with poverty reduction model;
- Ensure proper mechanism and concrete criteria for asset transfer to family in the frames of Poverty Reduction Model;
- Develop training curricular for each component of Poverty Reduction Model based on the findings and successes from Area Programs;
- Prepare recommendation document as annex for Poverty Reduction Model on the most possible vocational trainings of parents based on the best practices from Program sites;
- Support each Area Program to understand family financial resilience development trends that are specific to geographic locations;
- Participate in Grant and other Funding opportunity concept/ proposal development.
- Review staff capacity building plan and suggest areas of improvements for Area Program staff; ensure monthly reflection meetings with staff to increase their work effectiveness;
- Advise experience sharing trips for Area Program staff taking into consideration what works well in each Area Program;
- Provide input to performance planning and evaluation based on the working experience with each Area Program staff;
- Identify, report and mitigate reputational, financial and relational risks.
Building Partnership for Sustainability
- Annually map existing actors on National Level and build partnering relationship to ensure sustainability of the Program;
- Develop and sustain strong partnership in the targeted area between World Vision Armenia and local regional authorities, donors, NGOs, other agencies, in order to ensure sustainability of the Program;
- Represent World Vision Armenia in all meetings relevant to the Program; participate in TV programs if needed;
- Work closely with Ministries to ensure that Poverty Reduction Model is approved by them and new funding streams are ensured.
Support in Local Marketing and Fundraising
- Support Marketing Department in organizing fundraising activities and promote the sales of marketing products and causes; model market-oriented and donor-driven behavior, lead by personal example and motivate the team;
- Participate in product development and relevant research.
- Master's degree in a relevant discipline (Marketing, Economics, Commerce and Business);
- At least 5 years of extensive work in development programming;
- At least 5 years of experience in economic development and/ or supporting household financial resilience;
- Experience with international NGOs or other similar organizations is preferred;
- Experience in working with business companies is preferred;
- Strong understanding of Armenia's development landscape and communities;
- Ability to work carefully and collaboratively, maintain productive relationships with various government entities in Armenia;
- Ability to integrate teams of professionals around common goals;
- Demonstrated accomplishment in working with host-country professionals, ministries and with donor colleagues in country;
- Strong management and organizational skills (including time management);
- Strong leadership skills, ability to present different leadership styles based on the situation;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work under pressure;
- Strong skills in project design, implementation monitoring and report writing;
- Ability to maintain relationship with multi-stakeholder groups (partners and donors);
- Good interpersonal skills, team building and team motivation skills;
- Strong facilitation, presentation skills;
- Analytical and critical thinking;
- Creative and innovation thinking, openness to new ideas and new challenges;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Armenian languages;
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point;
- Driving license and driving experience is preferred;
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 70 per cent of the time.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to apply by registering at: https://tinyurl.com/WorldVision-Application and/ or send a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org . If applying by e-mail, please, indicate the name of the position ("Family Poverty Reduction Program Manager") in the subject line of the letter. No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 13 August 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 25 August 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: World Vision is a Christian humanitarian and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives. Established in 1950, World Vision operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities, to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision pursues life in all its fullness for every child and serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. World Vision Armenia operates mainly through its 10-15 years long-term Area Programs that are predominantly funded through child sponsorship. Area Programs are focused on promoting child well-being through community participation and ownership.
This announcement has been retrieved 695 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.