US Peace Corps Armenia
TITLE: Back–Up Medical Officer
ANNOUNCEMENT CODE: VA- 08/2019
TERM: Part Time, 240 hours per year.
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All interested candidates.
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: US Peace Corps Armenia seeks a Medical Doctor to serve as a Back-up Medical Officer. This is a part-time contract to be activated only during staffing gaps and/ or in the absence of Peace Corps Medical Officers. He/ she shall provide clinical care to Peace Corps Volunteers and Trainees in the absence of a Peace Corps Medical Officer (PCMO) or shall assist the PCMO during busy times.
- Provide direct patient care, referrals to outside medical consultants or facilities (hospital or emergency department), depending on the specific in-country arrangements;
- Assist with administrative duties and health education when indicated;
- Be accessible by telephone around-the-clock when on call;
- Be available to work in the Peace Corps Health Unit when required;
- May also be required to provide consultative or prescriptive services to Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Officer;
- Perform other related job-related duties.
- Graduate of accredited school, MDs must be a graduate of a school listed in this link, Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research: http://www.faimer.org/resources/imed.html;
- Current medical license to practice in Armenia;
- Two (2) years of relevant clinical experience in primary care, experience in managing mental health issues including counseling of patients and two (2) years experience of working with foreigners;
- Level 4 English language proficiency and Level 4 Armenian language proficiency according to the Interagency Language Roundtable: http://www.govtilr.org/;
- Experience in training design and presentation of health related material; program management, administrative experience;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Power Point, Access and Excel);
- Ability to pass a background check conducted by the United States Embassy and medical check;
- Ability to operate some office equipment: computer, copiers, printers, cameras, cell phone, etc.
- Five (5) years of relevant clinical experience in primary care, experience in managing mental health issues including counseling of patients and five (5) of experience working with foreigners;
- Level 4 English language proficiency (higher language proficiency is desired); Russian language skills are also helpful;
- Ability to work effectively as a part of an intercultural team;
- Hardworking, reliable and diligent with good inter-personal skills;
- Willingness to travel;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates for this position must submit the following:
- A Cover Letter in English language that describes your qualifications;
- The names and contact information in English language (phone and email) of at least 3 references who are familiar with your work;
- A current resume or curriculum vitae in English language; below mentioned applications and supporting documentation:
a) Completed Peace Corps Medical Officer Application Form: https://files.peacecorps.gov/multimedia/pdf/employment/pcmoapp.pdf;
b) Completed "PCMO Applicant Skills Survey" document (please download the below attached file);
c) Completed "Privileges for Peace Corps Medical Officers-Physicians" document (please download the below attached file); the applicant must complete this request for privileges depending on their professional qualifications.
Please, submit your application to: email@example.com indicating the position title ("Back-up Medical Officer") in the subject line of your email. Alternatively, candidates may drop off applications to a Contracting Officer at 33 Charents Street, Yerevan 0025, Armenia. Please, note that the deadline for receiving applications is 14 September 2019 or until a suitable candidate is hired.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 19 August 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 14 September 2019, 5 p.m.
ABOUT: US Peace Corps Armenia provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
This announcement has been retrieved 775 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.