|Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST)|
TITLE: Research Associate/ Data Scientist
TERM: Full Time
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Research Associate/ Data Scientist will work in a team of data scientists/ AI/ ML specialists on exploring novel breakthrough venture hypotheses that will be further developed during ProtoCo and NewCo phases to lay in the basis of a new company. The position requires broad technical skills in machine learning, AI, databases and big data analysis. This individual will contribute scientific and technical expertise to a multidisciplinary team, emphasizing conceptualization, ideation, data analysis, presentation, and strategic planning.
- Build and maintain scientific code base;
- Work on the exploration of novel ideas and generation of venture hypothesis in data science/ AI/ ML;
- Write and present results to the team;
- Process, analyse, interpret, and visualize high volumes of data;
- Implement, design and invent new approaches and algorithms that will fundamentally change the way the Company extracts knowledge and insight;
- Participate in data science syllabus creation, and conduct trainings.
- Bachelors or masters degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or an adjacent field;
- Strong self-starter and independent thinker;
- Outstanding teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale and high throughput data processing and analysis, network analysis, and meta analyses;
- Skilled in programming and scripting languages (Python and R);
- Scientifically creative thinker with a visionary and optimistic outlook.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CV to: email@example.com , with indication of research interests. Please, indicate the position title ("Research Associate/ Data Scientist") in the subject line of the email. FAST is grateful to all interested applicants, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 27 August 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 26 September 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is conceived as a comprehensive platform to foster technological and scientific breakthroughs in Armenia. FAST aims to revive the country's strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) traditions, establishing a favorable regime for the innovative environment, fostering science and technology education, and actively developing a venture capital ecosystem. One of the most pivotal tasks of FAST is to engage tech and scientific communities in raising the profile of Armenia as a hub for technological and scientific discoveries and developments.
This announcement has been retrieved 690 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.