|The Halo Trust Armenia|
TITLE: GIS and Database Officer
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All interested candidates.
START DATE/ TIME: As soon as possible
DURATION: 3 months with a possible extension.
LOCATION: Stepanakert, Artsakh
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Halo Trust Armenia is looking for a GIS and Database Officer. The incumbent will be a key component in the flow of information and data within the Program by creating detailed maps on Arc GIS and inputting key data into the Program's operations database. The GIS and Database Officer will be based in Stepanakert and will work out of the Operational HQ. He/ she will be working as part of a team and will need to comply with the high standards expected of an employee of The Halo Trust. The incumbent will gain valuable experience working for an international NGO.
- Work as part of a team and assist the GIS and Data Manager;
- Maintain and update Arc GIS/ Microsoft Access/ Excel;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual statistics for donors;
- Prepare computerized maps for handovers and reports;
- Process old mapping data to make it compatible for GIS;
- Carry out any other job-related duties assigned by the Programme Management.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in Geography or Information Technology; if candidates present sufficient levels of experience and accompanying references, exceptions can be made;
- English language skills are preferred;
- Competency and experience in Microsoft Office and Arc GIS.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: The starting salary will be 650 USD with a 100 USD pay rise after successfully completing the probationary period. The accommodation will be covered as well.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV to: Finance@halonk.org and be available for a Skype interview. Please, indicate the position title ("GIS and Database Officer") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 28 August 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 27 September 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: The Halo Trust is a company limited by guarantee. Registered in England No. 2228587. Registered Charity No. 1001813 & (in Scotland) SC037870. Registered Office: 50 Broadway, London SW1H 0BL. The Halo Trust (USA), Inc. is a 501(c)(3) corporation. Office: 1730 Rhode Island Ave NW, Suite 206, Washington, DC 20036.
This announcement has been retrieved 589 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.