|American Councils for International Education (American Councils)|
TITLE: Future Leaders Exchange Program (FLEX)
SCHOLARSHIP TYPE: 1 academic year full scholarship.
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All citizens of RA can apply for the FLEX Program in 2019, for the study year 2020-2021 if they:
- Are enrolled in the 9-12 grades at school, or college years corresponding to the school grades - 9,10,11,12, as of September 2019;
- Students with disabilities must study in the 8-12 grades;
- Were born in 15 February 2002 - 15 July 2005;
- Have previously studied English language and demonstrate English Language ability;
- Have not been in the U.S. for more than 90 days in total during last 5 years;
- Students in 12th grade or final year in college who are required to complete military service are ineligible.
LOCATION: All regions, Armenia
DETAIL DESCRIPTION: Future Leaders Exchange Program (FLEX) sponsored by the U.S. Government provides scholarships for school students to spend an academic year in the United States, living with a family and attending an American high school free of charge. Participation in the selection process is open to all the students who meet the eligibility requirements. Unlimited number of students can apply for the Program.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Representatives of American Councils visit regions to conduct testing. Any student who meets the eligibility requirements may take part in the competition. There is no need to register in advance. Students should come to the designated testing center and bring the following:
- Birth certificate or passport (original);
- 1 photo (size 3×4);
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this scholarship opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 30 August 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 29 September 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: The American Councils for International Education ACTR/ ACCELS office in Armenia was established in 1996. In this short period the American Councils has implemented more than a dozen of programs in Armenia funded by the US Government providing over 1,200 high school and university students, educators, and faculty members with the opportunity to study, research and get professional training in the US schools.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: No pre-registration is required in order to take part in the exam. Students from villages and other cities should take the exams in the testing centers below. The testings will be held on:
- Gavar, Gegharkunik Region - 11 September 2019, 11:00; Gavar High School, Tumanyan str. 11;
- Hrazdan, Kotayk Region - 12 September 2019, 13:00; Hrazdan High School N. 13, Kentron district;
- Ashtarak, Aragatsotn Region - 13 September 2019, 11:00; Ashtarak School N. 1, Proshyan str. 14;
- Gyumri, Shirak Region - 14 September 2019, 11:00; Kasa Center, Shahumyan str. 69;
- Berd, Tavush Region - 18 September 2019, 11:00; Berd High School, Hayk Nahapet str. 22;
- Ijevan, Tavush Region - 19 September 2019, 11:00; Ijevan Galik College (Krtaran) in school N. 4, Nalbandyan str. 1;
- Vanadzor, Lori Region - 21 September 2019, 11:00; Vanadzor State University, Tigran Mets str. 36;
- Debet, Lori Region - 22 September 2019, 13:00; Debed Smart Center, Debet;
- Kapan, Syunik Region - 23 September 2019, 11:00; Kapan School N. 1, Lernagortsneri str. 16;
- Sisian, Syunik Region - 24 September 2019, 10:00; Sisian High School, Myasnikyan str. 8;
- Goris, Syunik Region - 24 September 2019, 15:00; Goris State University, Avangard Str. 2;
- Yeghegnadzor, Vayots Dzor Region - 25 September 2019, 11:00; Yeghegnadzor "Gitelik" university, Momik str. 5;
- Masis, Ararat Region - 23 September 2019, 15:00; Masis High School, Yerevanyan str. 73;
- Echmiatsin, Armavir Region - 24 September 2019, 11:00; Echmiatsin School N. 4, Spandaryan str. 29/ 1;
- Artashat, Ararat Region - 25 September 2019, 11:00; Artashat High School, Teryan 1;
- Students with disabilties - Yerevan - 26 September 2019, 11:00; Imperium plaza, Amiryan str. 4/ 7;
- Armavir, Armavir Region - 27 September 2019, 11:00; Armavir high school N. 1, H. Avetisyan str. 4;
- Yerevan - 29 September 2019, 10:00; Armenian State Pedagogical University, department of Philology, A. Manukyan str. 13.
This announcement has been retrieved 609 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.