|Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)|
TITLE: National Agricultural Expert
ANNOUNCEMENT CODE: VA/FEARM/2019/007
DURATION: 30 days until 15 December 2019
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the general supervision of the FAO Representative for Armenia, the direct supervision and technical guidance from the AGDI and FAO/REU Agriculture Officer in close collaboration with the Assistant FAOR, the Government, National Agricultural Expert will be responsible for the mentioned below.
- Describe the structure and content of the National Phylloxera Monitoring and Management Programme(s);
- Prepare background information, pertaining to the international (conventions, treaties, declarations) and the national environment (laws, legal framework, strategies, investigations);
- In close collaboration with project national and international experts, National Plant Protection Organization prepare draft National Phylloxera Monitoring and Management Programme(s) including relevant action plan;
- Encourage as many national stakeholders as possible to participate in the project’s activities, especially in drafting National Programme;
- Provide support to the project team in organizing national workshop and introduce the draft National Programme(s) to concerned stakeholders during the workshops; include the comments and proposals from those workshops in the draft National Programme(s);
- Address all the comments received from the Government counterparts as well as other interested parties;
- Participate in meetings, visits, interviews and working sessions for consultants with relevant resource people in government as well as nongovernmental organizations;
- Provide inputs for terminal report;
- Carry out any other activities relevant to this assignment.
- Advanced university degree in Agriculture, Crop Science, Forestry or a related field;
- Proven consultancy experience in similar projects;
- At least 10 years of professional experience in the field of Plant Protection at national and/or international level;
- Good knowledge of modern Crop Protection Techniques;
- At least 5 years of working experience in grape production and related fields;
- Working knowledge of English and Armenian languages (Russian language knowledge is an asset).
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: In order to apply, please create an online profile based on the guidelines: http://www.fao.org/3/CA0378EN/ca0378en.PDF. Please send the PDF profile with a letter of motivation to: email@example.com indicating the vacancy announcement code ("VA/FEARM/2019/007") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 02 September 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 16 September 2019
This announcement has been retrieved 590 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.