|Questrade International Inc., Armenian Branch|
TITLE: Quality Assurance Engineer
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Quality Assurance Engineer will provide expertise in the area of automated and manual QA activities for applications developed by the Questrade Technology Group (QTG), with particular focus on the trading platform, desktop client applications and high volume data flow and transactions.
- Write test plans, and test cases throughout the development lifecycle;
- Ensure test plans thoroughly cover all requirements and use cases;
- Plan, schedule and perform manual and automated software tests;
- Develop automated regression test suites using automated testing tools;
- Create test automation utility libraries for test automation framework;
- Foster a continuous improvement approach to QA activities;
- Review tools implementations and encourage best practices and sound design principles while remaining practical and deadline driven;
- Train other departments on the use of custom developed tools;
- Work closely with development team to perform early testing on components prior to integration builds;
- Manage defect tracking; monitor and report results;
- Report QA status, as appropriate, to keep project stakeholders informed on deliverables and timelines;
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field;
- At least 2 years of experience as a QA Engineer;
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, methodologies and testing;
- Knowledge of quality assurance techniques, testing concepts, methodologies and tools;
- Work experience in an Agile team is an asset;
- Expert ability to apply quality assurance knowledge to in-depth testing and test plans;
- Ability to apply concepts of unit, system, regression, product, integration and acceptance testing;
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to investigate and research multiple sources;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of Python/ Bash is an asset;
- Experience with C/ C++ code base applications is an asset;
- Experience in GUI automation testing;
- Experience in automation testing or coding or back-end services is an asset;
- Work experience with SQL databases;
- Knowledge of trading systems and trading concepts, particularly within the equities realm, is considered an asset;
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly with any testing tool;
- Working knowledge of LINUX/ UNIX and WINDOWS environments;
- Understanding of automation testing methodologies;
- Programming skills;
- Hands-on experience with Squish or other test automation tool is an important asset.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested and qualified candidates are welcome to send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org , mentioning the position title ("Quality Assurance Engineer") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 03 September 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 02 October 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Questrade International Inc. is an affiliate company to Questrade Inc, an online brokerage in Canada. In October 2010, the Company officially opened an international branch in Yerevan, Armenia. From a humble beginning of a few employees, the branch in Armenia has grown to a team of over sixty. To learn more about the Company, please visit: www.questrade.am.
This announcement has been retrieved 428 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.