|American Chamber of Commerce in Armenia|
TITLE: AmCham Member Relations and Communications Lead
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The American Chamber of Commerce in Armenia (AmCham) is looking for a motivated candidate to fill the permanent position of AmCham Member Relations and Communications Lead, who will be able to work, communicate, negotiate with the business community, meet strict deadlines, be self-organized and assist the AmCham Executive Director to coordinate daily operations. Under the supervision of the AmCham Executive Director the AmCham Member Relations and Communications Lead will perform the duties mentioned below.
Act as a day-to-day AmCham Member contact:
- Set a new Member recruitment objectives plan and follow-up to accomplish;
- Recruit new members, cultivate relationship with existing members and increase the level of member engagement to facilitate membership upgrades and sponsorships;
- Hold a strong contact with the AmCham members, respond to requests and refer them to the Executive Director (as necessary);
- Maintain an accurate membership management system;
- Schedule meetings and meet with members, potential members and the business community representatives; conduct email and other correspondence with members on behalf of the Chamber; request information from members as need be;
- Work with the Executive Director to plan and conduct membership surveys and gather other information as need be;
- Assist Executive Director in keeping complete records and documentation (archives) of the Chamber;
- Assist in organizing events as requested;
- Do an accurate email dissemination of the AmCham community and lead the AmCham general e-mail (email@example.com);
- Prepare AmCham membership agreements and notices (invoices) on a monthly basis;
- Follow-up with the AmCham membership fee timely payments;
- Implement other functions to assist AmCham Board and Executive Director and provide general office support as required.
Carry out AmCham PR strategy, under the direction of the Executive Director:
- Draft press releases and other correspondence materials;
- Maintain contact with Armenian, US and other media outlets;
- Schedule press coverages and interviews;
- Produce and maintain the AmCham Business Magazine: suggest topic to the Board for approval, collect materials, translate articles/ interviews, conduct interviews, manage profitable advertising placements of the members and non-members, manage the quality printing at the lowest cost;
- Organize the distribution of the magazine both via email and courier;
- Participate in working groups, conferences with the Executive Director (if necessary);
- Assist in production of AmCham website and management of the site.
- Master's degree in Business, Economics, Political Science, Public Affairs, Public Administration or a related field;
- At least 3 years of work experience preferably in a private sector or not-for-profit or an international organization;
- Strong communication, teamwork and negotiation skills;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Armenian and English languages; knowledge of other languages will be an asset;
- Significant knowledge of U.S. business community (leading firms, growth sectors, major issues, etc.);
- Ability to build relationships and be comfortable to work with senior executives and high-profile stakeholders;
- Proactive attitude with the ability to identify creative solutions under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong sense of cultural diversity;
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Competitive, based on previous experience and skills.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mention the position title ("AmCham Member Relations and Communications Lead") in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 05 September 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 13 September 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: The American Chamber of Commerce in Armenia is a business association representing the interests of its more than 140 member companies operating in various sectors of the Armenian economy. AmCham is heavily involved with advocating for a fair and transparent business environment and best practices in Armenia.
This announcement has been retrieved 845 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.