|Austrian Development Agency|
TITLE: Administrative Officer
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
DURATION: 1 year, with a possible extension (subject to successful performance)
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Austrian Development Agency (ADA), the operational unit of the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC), is looking for a national Administrative Officer (locally contracted). This position is based at the ADC Office in Yerevan. Under the supervision of the Head of the Office, the Administrative Officer will perform functions mentioned below.
- Perform bookkeeping of the office;
- Perform cash and account management;
- Contribute to preparation of annual financial and budget plan, preparation of year-end and other requested reports.
- Provide support with event organization, delegations and travel management;
- Administer procurement;
- Maintain inventory and supplies (including IT);
- Maintain office and occupational safety and health (fire protection, first aid, evacuation plans, etc.);
- Perform general office support tasks.
Communication and Social Media:
- Support, create, develop and assemble event, meeting and conference materials, including press releases; maintain media directory;
- Run social media platforms;
- Support the staff in creating, editing and translating official documents and presentations;
- Proofread and prepare clean documents, including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails;
- Carry out other duties in relation to PR matters.
- Advise and support proposal development processes as well as monitor implementation of NGO and small projects;
- Support cooperation and communication with the government authorities and institutions, international donors and NGOs.
- University degree in a relevant field;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar position in an international environment;
- Good knowledge of modern office procedures;
- Proven experience in translation/ interpretation (from Armenian language into English language and vice versa) will be a major asset;
- Full computer proficiency; good knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and major social media platforms;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English language; good knowledge of German language will be a strong asset;
- Availability of a valid driving license (category B) will be an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal/ social and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your written application, including a cover letter and CV in English language to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. Please indicate the position title ("Administrative Officer") in the subject line of the email.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence and no application fees or information with respect to bank account details are required by ADA for the recruitment process. Please note that in the event of an invitation for an interview, ADA is unable to reimburse costs incurred. Candidates must expect that references from previous employers will be requested by ADA. Please refrain from calls. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 09 September 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 17 September 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC) has a long-standing partnership with the Government of Armenia, which has been a priority partner country since 2012. The Austrian Development Agency (ADA), the operational unit of the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC), supports its partner countries in implementing programmes and projects and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). ADA's focus in Armenia lies on projects in agriculture and good governance. Further background information and documents regarding ADC's engagement in Armenia are available on its homepage: www.entwicklung.at.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: ADA retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
This announcement has been retrieved 1791 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.