|Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST)|
TITLE: Director of Funding and Investment Programs
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: FAST is looking for an energetic, charismatic, detail-oriented, and financially-minded specialist to take over the role of the Director of Funding and Investment Programs. The main focus of the role will be on developing various fundraising mechanisms and investment opportunities. The incumbent will generate and lead the Company's fundraising strategies and investment programs, monitor and analyze the results and report directly to the key stakeholders. As a team leader, the candidate will help build out and establish the funding and investment management processes, and provide training and mentorship.
- Develop corporate-wide fundraising strategies and execution plans;
- Generate and oversee fundraising database and tracking systems;
- Create publications to support fundraising activities;
- Develop and implement investment attraction strategies and ensure the delivery of the full life cycle of investment projects, including development, attraction, and delivery of investment projects;
- Establish investment funds (such as venture capital funds) based on the need of ongoing and emerging projects;
- Identify companies and individuals (donors) with direct investment potential by formulating and executing strategies aimed at generating investment attraction;
- Screen and execute investment projects, as well as project establishment and investment negotiation;
- Select research driven targets and work with potential investors to support their decision-making processes to secure new investment into FAST projects;
- Take overall responsibility for post-investment management, minimize investment risk, create value after investment, help implement exit of investment, and increase the return on investment;
- Conduct extensive company and industry due diligence;
- Ensure compliance with procedures for all fundraising operations;
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies;
- Make public appearances and accept speaking engagements to share information about FAST and its mission;
- Build trusting relationships and partnerships with sponsors and investors;
- Foster strong working relationships and work collaboratively with relevant stakeholders and colleagues to secure investment opportunities;
- Prepare periodic progress reports and analysis;
- Provide experiential, immersive coaching on areas such as fundraising competencies, strategy, and tactics, including message development, expanding donor lists, and prospecting new donors;
- Develop and inspire the team to implement the strategy and to achieve the objectives and targets;
- Mentor the staff to ensure personal and organisational development;
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Business Management, Finance, Development, Computer Science or other related fields;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a leadership role;
- Demonstrated success in investment promotion and business development;
- Proven track record of fundraising success, particularly by securing major gifts, successfully managing campaigns, and engaging a community of motivated supporters;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Russian and Armenian languages;
- Understanding of science and technology verticals;
- Outstanding negotiation and problem-solving skills;
- Strong time management skills;
- Analytical, confident and result-oriented personality;
- Forward-looking perspective and out-of-box thinking;
- Ability to build personal, trust-based relationships with diverse individuals, and feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to maintain focus on execution during high-stress situations.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates are kindly requested to send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate the title of the position ("Director of Funding and Investment Programs") in the subject line of the e-mail. FAST is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 10 September 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 09 October 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is conceived as a comprehensive platform to foster technological and scientific breakthroughs in Armenia. FAST aims to revive the country's strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) traditions, establishing a favorable regime for the innovative environment, fostering science and technology education, and actively developing a venture capital ecosystem. One of the most pivotal tasks of FAST is to engage tech and scientific communities in raising the profile of Armenia as a hub for technological and scientific discoveries and developments.
This announcement has been retrieved 935 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.