|The Tumo Center for Creative Technologies|
TITLE: Programming Workshop Leader/ Content Developer
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Tumo Center for Creative Technologies is looking for a Programming Workshop Leader/ Content Developer to join the Educational Content Development team to lead Programming workshops, create content and design educational material for Tumo's students across all its centers, working year-round to develop and fine-tune the educational curriculum at Tumo.
- Design and lead Programming workshops for Tumo's students;
- Work in Yerevan but travel to other Tumo locations at least twice a year for month-long workshops;
- Develop students' skills through designing educational material for student self-learning;
- Collect and evaluate students' results at the completion of every workshop and store them for their portfolios;
- Examine students' self-learning results and provide daily feedback to them;
- Perform other job-related duties that may be assigned.
- At least 1 year of experience in building backend systems; knowledge of Node.js;
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP);
- Understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git;
- Ability to articulate and discuss technical decisions;
- Interest in latest developments, and cutting-edge technologies; excitement to collaborate with colleagues.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to submit a resume via the Company's career portal: https://bit.ly/2kxjCA3.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 12 September 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11 October 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Tumo is a free after-school program designed for teens. Since the program's launch in 2011, four Tumo centers have opened their doors in Armenia: in Yerevan, Dilijan (in collaboration with the Central Bank), Gyumri and Stepanakert (in collaboration with AGBU). A new, fifth Tumo center is planned to launch in the northern border village of Koghb, in Tavush. Under the Tumo educational program, students get acquainted with four main focus areas: animation, web design, game development and filmmaking, and ten complementary skills, including robotics, programming, photography, music and more.
This announcement has been retrieved 320 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.