|Public Journalism Club NGO|
TITLE: Project Evaluator
COMPETITION TYPE: Call for proposal
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Individuals only
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
DETAIL DESCRIPTION: "Public Journalism Club" (PJC) NGO is looking for an experienced Project Evaluator to conduct "A Public Glimpse into a Closed World: Enhancing Public Information on and Awareness on Human Rights Situation in Penitentiaries and Psychiatric Residential Institutions in Armenia" Project final evaluations on the assessment of achievements, the quality, effectiveness and the results of Actions. From this perspective, evaluations should look for evidence of why, whether or how these results are linked to the EU intervention and seek to identify the factors driving or hindering progress. Evaluations should provide an understanding of the cause and effect links between: inputs and activities, and outputs, outcomes and impacts. Evaluations should serve accountability, decision making, learning and management purposes. The evaluation will assess the Action using the five standard DAC evaluation criteria, namely: relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, sustainability and the perspectives of the impact. In addition, the evaluation will assess two EU specific evaluation criteria:
- The EU added value (the extent to which the Action brings additional benefits);
- The coherence of the Action itself, with the EU strategy in Armenia and with other EU policies.
The Evaluator shall furthermore consider whether target groups and gender were mainstreamed; the principle of Leave No-One Behind and the rights-based approach methodology was followed in the identification/ formulation documents and the extent to which they have been reflected in the implementation of the Action, its management and monitoring. The specific Evaluation Questions as formulated below are indicative. Based on the latter and following initial consultations and document analysis, the Evaluator will discuss them with the Contracting Authority and propose in their Inception Report a complete and finalized set of Evaluation Questions with indication of specific Judgement Criteria and Indicators, as well as the relevant data collection sources and tools. Once agreed through the approval of the Inception Report, the Evaluation Questions will become contractually binding.
REQUIREMENTS: Key qualifications should be:
- Relevant academic degree (master level) in Social Sciences and/ or Human Rights related field;
- At least 3 years of experience and expertise in the field/ sector of human rights, project management;
- Conducted at least three evaluations in the last 5 years, ideally in the relevant field;
- Experience in project cycle management;
- Experience in project level evaluations;
- Familiarity with donor funded projects, preferably with EU;
- Experience preparing and analyzing a theory of change;
- Experience in social science methods;
- Languages: fluency in English and Armenian languages.
Selection: candidates will be evaluated according to an assessment matrix, which includes the following features:
a) Background and experience:
- Practical professional skills/ years of experience;
- Didactic skills experience in training;
b) Concept note:
- The approach and suggestions for the evaluation;
- Content and relevance;
- The candidate should indicate how much time he/ she can dedicate to the assignment;
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Applications should include:
- Cover letter: max 300 words, should explain why you think you are qualified for this post and also indicate when you can start to work;
- Brief Concept Note not exceeding 3 pages describing the approach and suggestions for the evaluation;
- Proposed budget of all-inclusive fee in AMD, including separate lines for the Consultancy fee and travel costs (e.g travel, translation, data collection assistance, printing, etc.), as deemed necessary for the assignment.
Qualified candidates should send the requested documents to: email@example.com and in CC to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications that do not include all the required documents will be disqualified. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted. If you have any questions on preparation of the Proposal please contact via: email@example.com .
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this competition through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 18 September 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 October 2019
ABOUT: In December 2017, "Public Journalism Club" (PJC) NGO in consortium with "Investigate Reporters" NGO launched "A Public Glimpse into a Closed World: Enhancing Public Information on and Awareness on Human Rights Situation in Penitentiaries and Psychiatric Residential Institutions in Armenia" two-year project financed by the European Union (EU) and co-funded by Open Society Foundations (OSF) - Armenia. The overall objective of the Project is to improve human rights situation at closed institutions through increasing public awareness and public debate to identify and publicly discuss relevant issues and possible solutions.
This announcement has been retrieved 314 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.