|Teach For Armenia Educational Foundation|
TITLE: Chief People and Culture Officer (CPCO)
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Teach For Armenia is building a movement of leaders who will reshape what it means to provide an excellent education for all children across the nation. It aims to cultivate students who can harness their voices and shape a changing world while being committed to their communities. This will require support at every level of leadership, from the teachers in the classroom to the highest-ranking officials. Teach For Armenia aims to accomplish this vision by recruiting promising young leaders, both in Armenia and from across the diaspora, to teach for a 2-year commitment in schools where their knowledge and skills are needed. In the long-run, the Organization is cultivating a network of changemakers, inclusive of its students, their communities, its Alumni, government officials, community partners, supporters, and affiliates from across Teach For All.
As the title infers, Teach For Armenia is looking for a leader who can look after its people, ensure that they feel fulfilled and developed, while building an exceptional team culture that will distinguish the Organization as one of the best places to work.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the CPCO will oversee the Organization's human resources activities, which will be a combination of permanent as well as contracted staff. As the head of human resources, the CPCO will ultimately be responsible for ensuring that the Organization attracts top talent while keeping a focus on staff satisfaction and retention. To do so, the CPCO must partner with the other executive leaders to launch org-wide initiatives to promote strong workplace culture and make sure that each and every staff member is growing as a leader. The CPCO must also partner with the Chief Talent Officer in order to ensure that the Organization's Core Values and Leadership Framework are cultivated across the Organization, inclusive of the Teacher-Leaders and Alumni.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: For this role, the key responsibilities will include:
Driving Strategy (10%)
- Partner with the CEO and other executive leaders in order to ensure that the Organization has long-term strategies in place to support scale, especially as it relates to human resources;
- Keep a focus on team culture, retention, and staff satisfaction across the Organization, and co-create solutions with executive leaders.
Leading Team (25%)
- Equip the team with the resources necessary to reach goals while providing the space to lead;
- Cultivate strong coordination between the human resources teams and other functions;
- Promote strong project management with clear ownership and decision-making processes on the human resources team;
- Coach and develop direct reports so that they are prioritizing the right actions in order to achieve progress towards goals;
- Ensure that all members of the human resources team have individual goals as well as personalized professional development plans.
Building Systems and Structures (15%)
- Create the systems and structures necessary to support the Organization's ambitious growth plans, in particular around human resources.
Orchestrating Talent Acquisition (25%)
- Partner with executives and team leads to ensure that they have a strong pulse on priorities in order to determine appropriate headcount projections;
- Put into place rigorous recruitment and selection processes in order to identify top talent.
Leading Learning and Staff Development (25%)
- Determine learning needs on the team and orchestrate opportunities for professional development, either for subgroups or the whole team;
- Ensure that all staff members across the Organization have personalized development plans and are being actively coached by managers.
Note: Teach For Armenia is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Teach For Armenia team must be agile as it grows in scale. Teach For Armenia is looking for leaders who are resilient and adaptive. That is to say that responsibilities may shift over time.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Teach For Armenia may be the place for those who believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. Its team must be comprised of culture-builders who exemplify the type of leadership it is striving to cultivate in its classrooms and across the system. This means each staff member must strive to exemplify its Core Values, hold himself/ herself to the highest of standards while owning up to mistakes when they falter. For this role specifically, Teach For Armenia is also looking for a candidate who possesses the following key competencies:
- Emotional intelligence: in order to build an exceptional workplace environment where every staff member feels valued, affirmed, and fulfilled, Teach For Armenia needs a leader who can create safe spaces, serve as an intermediary in navigating interpersonal conflict, and leave people whole (even when giving feedback that will push them to grow);
- Leading teams: in order to coach and support other executive leaders in leading their teams, the CPCO must be an excellent role model for team management;
- Facilitating adult learning: as a leadership development organization, Teach For Armenia's CPCO needs to be able to design or orchestrate powerful learning experiences for the team that helps them to grow;
- Strategic planning: as an executive leader working directly with the CEO, the CPCO has to be a visionary leader who creates strategies and plans for the long-term sustainability and growth of the Organization;
- Building systems and structures: as the organization moves out of the startup phase and prepares for scale, the CPCO must be highly organized and able to build robust systems and structures that will support the Organization's growth.
Aside from these core competencies, Teach for Armenia is also looking for the following qualifications:
- At least 10 years of experience leading teams is preferred;
- Fluency in Armenian or English languages;
- Demonstrated track record building positive team culture;
- Experience designing and facilitating adult learning;
- Special consideration will be given to individuals with a background in human resources, however, Teach For Armenia is open to candidates who possess leadership experiences in other fields;
- At least a bachelor's degree; however, many staff members at Teach For Armenia possess a master's degree or higher;
- A personal connection to the Armenian context and/ or work experience in Armenia is preferred;
- Required candidate level: C level.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for this position, all qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their Resume and Cover letter with an indication of their motivation to apply, as well as relevant skills and expertise for the position in the English language through the following link: https://teachforarmenia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=34 by the deadline. Early applications are encouraged. The vacancy will be closed once the suitable candidate is selected, even before the deadline for application submission.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 24 September 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 19 October 2019
This announcement has been retrieved 787 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.