TITLE: Linux System Administrator
DURATION: Permanent, with 3 months of probation period
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Linux System Administrator is responsible for installation, configuration and further administration of Linux systems, development of documentation about servers, backup/ restore of servers, installing and configuring additional software.
- Find proper solutions if there are errors or hardware failures;
- Make sure that daily backup is performed without errors and fix in case of problems;
- Backup all critical systems, organize the usage of backup media;
- Install and configure OS (Operating System) on new servers;
- Keep old systems up to date, install patches and updates;
- Write scripts to provide automation to the frequently performed tasks;
- Write procedures about a specific software installation process;
- Keep all the documentation up-to-date;
- Provide regular monthly reports on activities done.
- Bachelor's degree in a professional field, preferably in Engineering or Information Technology, or a comparable experience;
- Working knowledge of various hardware, blades and storage systems;
- 3 years of experience as a Linux Administrator with an emphasis on system performance tuning and troubleshooting;
- Excellent technical knowledge of Linux system administration;
- Full mastery of Linux operating system;
- Good knowledge of IP networking, firewalls and security management;
- Good knowledge of operating system optimization and fine tuning;
- Advanced knowledge of operating system script development;
- Ability to organize and manage multiple assignments within critical deadlines;
- Ability to effectively manage change;
- Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism, ethical behavior and confidentiality;
- Problem-solving skills.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Competitive compensation package and benefits, as well as various trainings for career advancement.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV to: Linuxsysadmin@mts.am mentioning the position title ("Linux System Administrator") in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 24 September 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 23 October 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: VivaCell-MTS, represented by MTS Armenia CJSC, provides mobile coverage in 2G/ 3.75G/ 4G networks offering a wide range of voice and data services all across Armenia since 2005.
This announcement has been retrieved 461 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.