|Radio Free Europe/ Radio Liberty|
TITLE: Executive Producer, Azatutyun TV
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Executive Producer is responsible for all video production and related editorial content to ensure quality is broadcast industry standard at the RFE/RL Armenian Service in Prague and the Yerevan Bureau. Working with the Service Director and Chief Editor, the Executive Producer is a team leader, supervising the content creators who gather video, graphics and other elements for daily video production on multiple platforms. The Executive Producer is responsible for all video production and related editorial content to ensure industry standard production quality.
- Determine the visual look of the program, including set design, video presentation, pacing, content and graphics;
- Supervise all production for editorial and visual accuracy, style and thoroughness of reporting; as needed, edit news copy, intros and scripts pre-production to ensure accuracy, balance, context and continuity; exercise excellent news judgment;
- Present coverage ideas to the Chief Editor for discussion at the daily editorial meeting;
- Work with the Chief Editor and TV team to assign reporters and producers in Yerevan and Prague contributing to the programs to review production progress and approve material for broadcast, ensuring staff meet all deadlines;
- Working with the Chief Editor and TV Team, decide whether news items will be reported as a live guest, package, word story, voice-over, reporter on set, etc.;
- Supervise the Line Producer to create rundowns for programs and bring the program to air; have the authority to restack the rundown if necessary;
- Coordinate editing, assigning video editors and graphics artists to projects;
- Supervise production progress (including content, show timing, editorial transitions and a coherent graphic look) and advise TV Team on best practices;
- Work closely with the production and operations team to ensure all production and technical needs are addressed;
- Review show production problems with staff in the post-mortem, providing constructive feedback regarding news coverage and programming immediately after the program airs;
- Work with operations and technical staff to ensure problems do not become chronic;
- Coordinate with other services at RFE/RL and VOA on news coverage; share content with other services and USAGM entities;
- Train production techniques and new technology;
- Working with the Service Chief and Chief Editor, look far ahead on the calendar for future coverage opportunities, necessary show elements and special events coverage.
Education and Experience:
- University degree in Journalism or equivalent news production experience;
- Substantial experience as a Journalist in a daily broadcast news organization;
- History of successful live news production under deadline pressure;
- Deep understanding of Armenian politics and culture.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proven editorial and production supervision of radio, web, and multimedia video production;
- Sound news judgment and leadership qualities in editorial tasks and sensitive situations;
- Proven ability to produce innovative, creative, cross-platform journalism and storytelling that can be held up as examples of best-practice journalism;
- Ability to produce, report and write for broadcast from a network of original sources, including short and long-form video reports;
- Strong control room production skills, with deep knowledge of the workflow needed to broadcast a live or recorded program and meet all deadlines;
- Experience producing live television programs in a breaking news environment with multiple reporters and hosts in the field;
- Consistently pitches original ideas resulting in viable suggestions for coverage and delivery;
- Familiarity with political, economic and social issues in Armenia as well as regional and international news events;
- Willingness and ability to work with new audio and video technologies, newsroom systems, information research tools and digital platforms to improve news gathering practices in the service;
- Ability to manage assigned staff, proactively providing support;
- Ability to provide staff with extended coaching and mentoring when required;
- Take responsibility for personal professional development both in terms of challenging assignments and with training;
- Contribute to maintaining a positive, collegial working environment;
- Ability to effectively use all RFE/RL content management systems and a broadcast MAM;
- Good understanding of the challenges facing the Service and contribute to in-Service strategic planning.
- Knowledge of Armenian as a first language;
- Knowledge of English language, both spoken and written, is strongly desired.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to apply for this position through: https://www.rferl.org/jobs/detail/BARB037-1901.html.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 24 September 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 23 October 2019
This announcement has been retrieved 478 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.