|British Embassy Yerevan|
TITLE: Chevening Scholarship 2020/ 2021
SCHOLARSHIP TYPE: One-year full scholarship
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory (Armenia is a Chevening-eligible country);
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of 2 years after your award has ended;
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application;
- Have at least 2 years of work experience;
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 16 July 2020;
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 16 July 2020.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong);
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship;
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative of an employee (since July 2017) of Her Majesty's Government (including British embassies/ high commissions; the Department for International Development; the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office), or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities;
- Employees, former employees, or relatives of an employee (since July 2017) of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organisation from which they work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives;
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
DURATION: 1 year
LOCATION: United Kingdom
DETAIL DESCRIPTION: Chevening Scholarships in Armenia are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year Master's degree at any UK university. The scholarship programme provides a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Applications for Chevening Scholarship 2020/ 2021 can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the 'apply' button on your country page. For more information and to apply please visit: http://www.chevening.org/armenia. The process of selecting Chevening Scholars takes a minimum of 8 months from the application deadline to when scholars are conditionally selected for an award.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this scholarship opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 27 September 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 05 November 2019
This announcement has been retrieved 569 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.