|International Center for Transitional Justice (ICTJ)|
TITLE: Program Coordinator
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: ICTJ is seeking a qualified applicant for the position of Program Coordinator for its Armenia Program. The Program Coordinator will be based in Yerevan, the capital of Armenia. This position is a consultant position for six months with the possibility of extension. The Program Coordinator will work closely with the staff in ICTJ Headquarters and other ICTJ offices on all matters related to the implementation and operation of the Program.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of ICTJ's Director of Programs and ICTJ's Senior Expert working on Armenia and in coordination with ICTJ staff in Headquarters, the Program Coordinator will:
- Organize the activities and support the work required to fulfill ICTJ's Armenia Program work plan;
- Coordinate the participation and involvement of ICTJ, including of its Senior Experts, in transitional justice-related bilateral meetings, consultations and other activities in Armenia organized by government institutions, civil society organizations, regional organizations and foreign missions;
- Perform research and writing tasks, including compiling comparative information, news and political developments;
- Assist ICTJ's Communications staff in the production of media content to inform public debate around the transitional justice process in Armenia;
- Supervise the translation, printing and dissemination of current and planned ICTJ publications in Armenian language;
- Manage, monitor and assist in steps necessary for ICTJ to comply with relevant government and donor financial and regulatory requirements.
- University degree in Political Science, Sociology, History, Journalism, Communications, International Relations, Law, Development or other field relevant to human rights and/ or anti-corruption advocacy and policymaking; master's degree will be an advantage;
- At least 2 years of experience in human rights, anti-corruption or justice-related work or advocacy, preferably in Armenia, whether in government institutions, inter-governmental or non-government organizations; familiarity with the field of transitional justice and/ or the European regional human rights context will be an advantage;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities, with rigorous attention to detail in a multi-task, fast-paced and politically sensitive environment;
- Research, interviewing and writing skills that can contribute to ICTJ's knowledge of the Armenian context and to publications, social media and other communications content ICTJ can produce for its Armenia Program;
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages; knowledge of Russian language;
- Work authorization in Armenia.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please specify the subject line of the email as: "Program Coordinator - Armenia Program".
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 27 September 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 18 October 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: International Center for Transitional Justice (ICTJ) is an international non-profit organization specializing in the field of transitional justice. ICTJ works across society and borders to challenge the causes and address the consequences of massive human rights violations. It affirms victims' dignity, fight impunity, and promote responsive institutions.
This announcement has been retrieved 1929 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.