|American Councils for International Education (ACTR/ ACCELS)|
TITLE: Future Leaders Exchange Program Assistant
START DATE/ TIME: 15 January 2020
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: American Councils for International Education is looking for a candidate for the position of Future Leaders Exchange (FLEX) Program Assistant. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the FLEX Hub Director for all FLEX Program related tasks.
- Answer specific questions regarding the FLEX program;
- Collect and compile statistics for the reports;
- Work during the PDO to help with logistics, organizational and other tasks;
- Promote FLEX program throughout the year, visiting schools and NGOs to publicize the Program;
- Assist the FLEX Hub Director in the airport during FLEX students arrival/ departure;
- Assist FLEX program with administrative On Program Support issues;
- Work with FLEX students and parents on health-related questions during and after notification;
- Prepare direct flyer mailings to Armenian schools announcing the FLEX competition;
- Assist with FLEX testing in Yerevan and in other cities of Armenia;
- Verify the completeness of program applications sent to the office;
- Assist in accepting, tracking and verifying FLEX participant documents, including visa forms, permission forms, health forms;
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Armenian languages;
- Typing and filing skills;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software suite;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to identify potential problems and propose solutions;
- U.S. experience or familiarity with the FLEX Program is preferred.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: AMD equivalent of 700-750 USD (Gross)
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV and a cover letter to: HR@americancouncils.am indicating the position title ("Future Leaders Exchange Program Assistant") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 02 October 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30 October 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: The American Councils for International Education (ACTR/ ACCELS) office in Armenia was established in 1996. In this period the American Councils has implemented more than a dozen of programs in Armenia funded by the US Government providing over 1,200 high school and university students, educators, and faculty members with the opportunity to study, research and get professional training in the US schools.
ABOUT: Begun in 1993, the Future Leaders Exchange (FLEX) program is a competitive, merit-based scholarship program funded by the U.S. Department of State. FLEX students who pass multiple rounds of testing earn a scholarship to spend an academic year in the United States living with a volunteer host family and attending a U.S. high school.
This announcement has been retrieved 1266 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.