|The Tumo Center for Creative Technologies|
TITLE: English Language Communication Specialist
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Tumo Center for Creative Technologies is looking for an energetic and talented English Language Communication Specialist to join the Communications team, to write and produce various types of content for Tumo's and its projects' communication channels, to manage social media accounts and to work with media.
- Manage the Center's social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and additional channels that may be deemed relevant;
- Write, edit, proofread and translate various types of articles on a wide range of topics for the official website: https://tumo.org/;
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread the Company's mission;
- Write press releases and prepare information for the media, create announcements, prepare posters/ presentations' content;
- Connect with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about Company news and other initiatives;
- Track the media coverage and social media discussions on the Center's activity;
- Work alongside the Communication team's other members to help distribute content that educates and entertains the Company's audience and supports its goals;
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks, research and develop media contacts; draft speeches and arrange interviews for the Management;
- Give tours to Tumo's guests when necessary;
- Manage current internal communication channels (e.g. newsletters, emails/ memos, announcements).
- Native speaker of English language; good knowledge of Armenian language;
- Experience in journalism or public relations;
- Excellent knowledge of social media tools;
- Multitasking, flexible, creative person;
- Excellent skills in written and verbal communication, story-telling and reporting;
- Strong editing and proofreading skills;
- Good time-management skills.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to submit a resume via Tumo's career portal at: https://tinyurl.com/Tumo-ComSpec-ENG.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 04 October 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 03 November 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Tumo is a free after-school program designed for teens. Since the program's launch in 2011, four Tumo centers have opened their doors in Armenia: in Yerevan, Dilijan (in collaboration with the Central Bank), Gyumri and Stepanakert (in collaboration with AGBU). A new, fifth Tumo center is planned to launch in the northern border village of Koghb, in Tavush. Under the Tumo educational program, students get acquainted with four main focus areas: animation, web design, game development and filmmaking; and ten complementary skills including robotics, programming, photography, music, and more.
This announcement has been retrieved 699 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.