|Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit GIZ GmbH|
TITLE: Advisor for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
START DATE/ TIME: 01 December 2019
DURATION: 2 years
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: GIZ is looking for an Advisor for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EE/RE) for the country component Armenia within the Project "Management of Natural Resources and Safeguarding of Ecosystem Services for Sustainable Rural Development in the South Caucasus (ECOserve)". The position holder will work in the team towards the shared project goal of improving conditions for sustainable land use, with a particular emphasis on sustainable energy for rural households in Armenia. The Advisor for EE/RE will be mainly responsible for the development and implementation of solutions addressing the energy challenges of rural households in Armenia. He/ she will be responsible for the development of scalable pilots and products to improve the energy situation in rural households. He/ she will identify marketable products and support partners in their promotion aiming at more efficient use or substitution of firewood and dung. He/ she will maintain a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions, counterparts and GIZ. He/ she will represent the Project in relevant networks, conferences and events.
- Advise partners on strategies to promote sustainable energy in rural households with a particular focus on the substitution of firewood and dried dung;
- Design, implement and document scalable pilot interventions for EE/RE solutions;
- Promote marketable approaches for more efficient use or substitution of firewood or dung as a source of heating energy improving e.g. indoor air quality, room temperature or firewood procurement legality;
- Coordinate and analyse socio-economic studies providing gender-differentiated data on the availability and demand of firewood and dung, and availability of solid biomass for energy purposes;
- Process technical aspects, conduct small researches and advise the project team on EE/RE in general, EE/RE products for rural households, education for EE/RE in Armenia and in other countries, as well as on awareness raising and marketing dissemination for EE/RE products and further develop the area in accordance with GIZ quality standards;
- Facilitate systematic networking and exchange among all relevant stakeholders from different sectors e.g. through existing platforms or communities of practice;
- Implement daily operational aspects of all issues related to the Project;
- Maintain a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ;
- Ensure a gender-sensitive approach to all EE/RE related activities of the Project;
- Develop and maintain relations to relevant political partners (Ministry of Territorial Administration and Infrastructure, Ministry of Environment) as well as relevant stakeholders in the civil society, the private sector and other projects working in this field;
- Ensure that the activities and processes related to EE/RE run smoothly;
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders directly and supports the Team Leader in communication with partners;
- Develop terms of reference, select and coordinate national and international consultants and assure quality of their work in coordination with the team leader;
- Ensure knowledge management: collect, process and distribute relevant information, monitor communication and interaction between government institutions, NGOs and society through analyses of the media, direct dialogue, participation in meetings and seminars;
- Report to the results-based monitoring system of the Project on all EE/RE related activities;
- Perform other job-related duties and tasks at the request of management.
- At least a bachelor's degree in the field of Energy (Engineering), Resource Management or an equivalent subject;
- Working experience with energy efficiency and renewable energies, preferably in rural areas of Armenia;
- Working experience in the agriculture and forest sector and/ or environment is an asset;
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher);
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a comparable position.
- Excellent analytical, communication and problem-solving skills;
- Very good knowledge and understanding of energy efficiency and renewable energy solutions for rural households;
- Very good knowledge of stakeholders in the field of energy efficiency and renewable energy in Armenia and ideally existing professional network in this regard;
- Good knowledge of relevant governmental strategies and legal framework;
- Knowledge of sustainable pasture and forest management as well as (fire) wood, animal dung and briquettes production chain is an asset;
- Background in a private or banking sector related to EE/RE would be a strong asset;
- Willingness to apply agile working methods with a high sense of responsibility for the project results;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management;
- Ability to apply professional expertise successfully in cooperation, advisory services and management;
- Very good knowledge of English language;
- Ability and willingness to work in a team and to cooperate closely with an international team including German, Armenian, Azerbaijani and Georgian citizens;
- Willingness to travel within Armenia regularly (occasionally for several days) as well as occasionally abroad.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Negotiable
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates should send a brief motivation letter, a complete CV highlighting relevant professional experience and education and employers' references to: HR-GIZ-Armenia@giz.de , indicating the vacancy title ("Advisor for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy") in the subject line of the email. If the automatic response "Thank you for your email. It has been received by the GIZ Office Armenia" is not received by email, the documents should be sent to: GIZ Country Office, Reception, 4/ 1 Baghramyan Str., Yerevan. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 07 October 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 25 October 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: For the information about the GIZ, please visit: www.giz.de.
ABOUT: The ECOserve project ("Management of Natural Resources and Conservation of Ecosystem Services for Sustainable Development in Rural Areas in the South Caucasus") works in three countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia. In Armenia, the aim is to improve sustainable management practices in the predominant land use categories of the country, mainly pastures and grasslands and to improve the energy supply for households in rural areas. To this end, the programme supports national reform processes, framework conditions and capacity development at local, national and regional level. It furthermore supports evidence-based policy by improving the availability of relevant data, promotes environmental awareness among the population through environmental education and campaign work with young people and schools. The project is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and carried out with the Ministry of Territorial Administration and Infrastructure, the Ministry of Economy and the Ministry of Environment and in cooperation with other partner organizations. The programme contributes to conserving the diversity of species and habitats in the South Caucasus. Please follow the link for the webpage of the Project "Integrated Biodiversity Management, South Caucasus": https://www.biodivers-southcaucasus.org/ and a short film on Energy Challenges in Rural Armenia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktj6VWktd7I.
This announcement has been retrieved 673 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.