Life Sciences International Postgraduate Educational Center (UNESCO Chair-LSIPEC) is looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide overall administrative and operational support.
- Make arrangements for missions, experts, draft agendas; prepare briefing kits and background materials;
- Provide support in organizing local/ regional seminars, workshops, meetings within the framework of UNESCO/ UNITWIN Project, take notes/ minutes and ensure follow up;
- Assist in translation and submission of necessary technical documentation and report within the framework of the Project;
- Assist in drafting relevant information for the Project website; ensure accurate translation from Armenian language into English language and vice versa;
- Prepare routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda, and reports; keep appropriate filing system;
- Ensure communication within the Project team and maintain external correspondence;
- Edit scientific articles;
- Contact, interact with, and receive private or other partners and missions;
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Higher education in Linguistics or other relevant fields;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and writing skills;
- Ability to write and speak clearly and concisely in English and Armenian languages;
- Ability to work with and interact with a wide cross-section of partners, as well as with people of differing backgrounds, points of view, and interests;
- Proficiency in English and Armenian languages;
- Experience in using computer and MS Office software (MS Word, Excel and Outlook, Internet Explorer);
- Experience in handling web-based management systems.
Interested candidates are welcome to send their full CV to: email@example.com
mentioning the position title ("Administrative Assistant") in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
In 1996 the Biophysics Center of Armenian NAS was awarded the status of UNESCO Chair in Life Sciences and was reorganized into Life Sciences International Postgraduate Educational Center of the Ministry of Education and Science of the RA. The purpose of the Chair is to promote cooperative research, advanced training and exchange of information in neurosciences, biophysics, environmental sciences, biotechnology and biomedical engineering in Armenia and worldwide to facilitate the collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and the local scientific community. In collaboration with different international organizations UNESCO Chair organizes regular international UNESCO seminars on actual problems of Life Sciences with participation of leading scientists from different countries. UNESCO Chair in Life Sciences International Postgraduate Educational Center has made agreements with UNESCO Office and Stony Brooke University, NY on staff and student exchange. In 2017 UNESCO has approved the creation of "UNESCO/ UNITWIN Interregional Network on PhD Education and Research in Biophysics, Biotechnology and Environmental Health" initiated by UNESCO Chair in Life Sciences International Postgraduate Educational Center.