The Administrative Assistant position is located in Armenia country office. Under the direct guidance and supervision of the Administrative and Finance Associate, and as a member of the operations team, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative and financial support to the UNFPA Armenia Country Office, maintaining full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, information flow and follow up on deadlines and commitments made.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA's new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, UNFPA needs principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction. UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; it needs staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
- Handle travel arrangements for office personnel, including arrangement of visa, accommodation and transportation;
- Assist Administrative and Finance Associate on procurement, administrative tasks related to the premises, daily office operations, and any required logistical support for newcomers;
- Handle office pouch, mailing system and customs clearances for shipments;
- Act as Buyer in ATLAS to process Purchase Orders;
- Provide assistance in ensuring logistics for UNFPA organized office non-programme activities;
- Liaise with relevant MOFA departments and other state entities to obtain relevant clearances, accreditation, permissions and etc. in relation to CO premises and staff;
- Drive office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and for office-related errands when required;
- Coordinate vehicle schedule; arrange regular vehicle maintenance and insurance; check vehicle daily log and gas consumption for further verification by Admin-Finance Associate (G7);
- Act as custodian for office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution;
- Assist Administrative/ Finance Associate in maintaining assets in Atlas, issuance of assets to staff, regular clean-up of Asset Dashboard;
- Translate and drafts letters, memos and other documents as well as provide oral translation as needed;
- Ensure quality and completeness of filing of administrative documents;
- Act as Alternate Petty Cash Custodian;
- Act as an alternate Focal Point for Common premises and all premises related issues;
- Undertake other tasks as may be assigned by his/ her supervisor.
- Completion of secondary school education required; first level University degree is desirable;
- 5 years of previous relevant experience in secretarial/ administrative functions;
- Some experience in research assistance;
- Previous experience in the UN is an asset;
- Knowledge of protocol;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Computer literacy: Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of Atlas/ PeopleSoft or other ERP system is an asset;
- Good writing and communication skills;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages; working level of Russian language is highly desirable.
- Exemplifying integrity;
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system;
- Embracing diversity in all its forms;
- Embracing change.
- Achieving Results;
- Being Accountable;
- Developing and applying professional expertise/ business acumen;
- Thinking analytically and Strategically;
- Working in teams/ managing ourselves and our relationships;
- Communicating for Impact.
- Providing logistical support;
- Managing data;
- Managing documents, correspondence and reports;
- Managing information and work flow;
- Planning, organizing and multitasking.
For applying please visit: https://tinyurl.com/UNFPA-AdminAssistant
(Job Opening ID: 29656).
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
This position offers an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the level of the post. The package includes a competitive net salary plus cost of living adjustment, housing allowance, home leave, health insurance and other benefits.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline: http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV/ AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/ AIDS status.