The "EU4Sevan" project is currently lookingpro for a Project Advisor for water monitoring. The main objective is to further improve the water monitoring and management capacities for Lake Sevan watershed.
- Support and conduct studies to update and complement the comprehensive assessment and analysis of sources of contamination of Lake Sevan;
- Support the partner ministries and other stakeholder in the elaboration of a comprehensive concept for the regular monitoring of the state of the Lake Sevan basin;
- Provide support to the procurement of monitoring equipment for the upgrade and maintenance of monitoring stations to improve data acquisition for key parameters;
- Support the development and upgrade digital platforms (e.g. "EcoPortal") that provide access to data and information on the state of Lake Sevan for stakeholders and the public;
- Support ongoing water resources monitoring initiatives around Lake Sevan by different stakeholders incl. government, local and international NGOs, community-based initiatives, academia and private sector;
- Facilitate high level multi-stakeholder coordination and information exchange meetings (conferences) to support the implementation of the PoM of the Sevan RBMP and the monitoring of the implementation progress;
- Responsible for the organisation, preparation and participation in selected regional activities;
- Coordinate and assist in preparing and conducting Project activities and carry out other activities required for implementing these activities;
- Participate in formulating Project action plans and support for synchronisation of the planning and budgeting system and counterparts;
- Assist national and international advisers in carrying out their work in Armenia and, if required, abroad;
- Assist Programme initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups;
- Support for identification of the needs of government institutions, NGOs, enterprises and job seekers;
- Maintain a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ;
- Liaise and consult with other GIZ projects for mutual learning and standards;
- Responsible for provision of support in approving and controlling expenses for Project activities in accordance with the prevailing provisions;
- Responsible for regular consultations with the GIZ Officer, responsible for the contract and cooperation on all Project activities;
- Responsible for contribution to innovation and knowledge management.
a) Advising the partner institution(s):
- Assist and monitor the development and implementation of Programme plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts;
- Contribute to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint Programme activities and work at the regional level;
- Deal with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the Programme's area of activity;
- Develop and organise quality assurance measures and suggest necessary changes, improvements and initiatives.
b) Networking and cooperation:
- Support cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assist with PR work and cooperate with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the programme and its environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships;
- Communicate local interests and efforts, forward these and encourage sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the Programme.
c) Knowledge management:
- Ensure knowledge transfer of the Programme information;
- Develop ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures;
- Draw up reports and presentation documents;
- Prepare appropriate input for various Programme reports including annual reports, and contribute to the other reports required by the component manager and GIZ Head Office;
- Assist with research activities and studies on various issues which benefit joint Programmes;
- Translate small documents.
d) Coordination tasks:
- Assist with general Project planning and develop Project concepts including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation;
- Coordinate relevant Project activities at the local level in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners, both relation to implementation and organisational aspects;
- Compile the relevant information for joint activities and assignments;
- Handle order management on behalf of GIZ (e.g. offer preparation, impact monitoring, Project progress review, reporting).
- University degree in Chemistry, Biology, Water/ Environmental sciences, or a similar field related to water resources management and monitoring (equivalent to MSc);
- Good knowledge on EU WFD monitoring and pertaining guidelines and standards;
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in the field of water monitoring and water quality assessment;
- Experience with water quality assessment including sampling, analyses and data interpretation;
- Strong skills in self-motivation, self-organisation, thinking for oneself and priority-setting;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Ability to take responsibility and deliver high quality (also under pressure) ensuring reliability and confidence;
- Strong ability to manage activity and data monitoring and process it for precise and results-oriented GIZ reports in English language;
- Very good working knowledge of information and telecommunication technologies (related software, phone, fax, email and Internet) and computer applications, such as MS Office and design programmes;
- Excellent presentation skills with creative approaches;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages, both written and spoken; knowledge of German language is an asset;
- Willingness to travel abroad and to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed (corresponding measures are agreed with the Team Leader);
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to liaise and cooperate with other members of the team;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behavior and attitudes.
Interested candidates should send a brief motivation letter, a complete CV highlighting relevant professional experience and education and employers' references to: HR-GIZ-Armenia@giz.de
, indicating the vacancy title in the subject line. If the automatic response "Thank you for your email" is not received by email, the documents should be sent to: GIZ Country Office, Reception, 59 Hanrapetutyan Str., Yerevan. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
The "South Caucasus Environmental Programme" aims to improve the management of natural resources and the conservation of ecosystem services for sustainable development in rural areas. The new EU component in Armenia focuses on the protection of Lake Sevan, the largest freshwater lake in the Caucasus, and is implemented jointly with UNDP Armenia under a Multi Partner Contribution Agreement. The Project is based on the approach of integrated water resources management and creates scalable solutions at local level as well as better conditions for major infrastructure investments in the future. The government partner for the EU project in Armenia is the Ministry of Environment and subordinated bodies.For more information, please visit: http://biodivers-southcaucasus.org/