The Assistant provides support to the Project Coordinator in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, providing translations and interpreting in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Monitor and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and provide support in analysing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, in different administrations in order to improve decision making processes;
- File and update field contacts and correspondence (with other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.) in order to ensure information source's accuracy and its availability on a regular basis;
- Assist the Project Coordinator in drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows;
- Assist the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities) in order to improve awareness and public opinion adhesion;
- Ensure the continuity of relations with local actors and keep updated the list of contacts;
- Organize advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator with local authorities and partners to ensure the continuity of relations with local actors and involved counterparts;
- Execute clerk-related activities as well as prepare and conduct briefings on the project context to new employees in order to facilitate their integration onboard and within the project environment.
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed.
MSF Section/ Context Specific Accountabilities:
- Compile security incidents and humanitarian context information each month for Sitrep reports and Security logbook;
- Organize briefings of the newcomers (international and national) using the available briefing planning template;
- Provide cultural briefing (International Staff) as part of the induction process for the new employees;
- As instructed by the PC, assist him/ her in liaising with governmental authorities in project operations;
- Update regularly the Meetings Logbook in place;
- Follow up with the authorities on local level and keep track of all information regarding the access issue to NK, provide the news and the relevant information in timely manner to the PC;
- Report personal and the observations of the external actors regarding the MSF activities in the region. Contribute in lessons learning process and in annual exercise of PoA;
- Perform any other job-related tasks assigned by his/ her supervisors, as necessary.
- University degree is desirable;
- 2 years of previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs is desirable;
- Very good level of English and Russian languages; knowledge of Armenian language (mother tongue);
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel).
- Competencies: results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, stress management.
Interested candidates are welcome to submit application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject heading "PC Assistant in Stepanakert". Applications should include:
- Cover letter (in English language);
- CV (in English language);
- Contacts of three references (including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment, if relevant).
CV shall clearly state your experience by writing the organisation you have worked, the duration of the employment (which year and how long) and description of the job you performed. All applicants are recommended to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Your application will not be returned to you at any stage of the recruitment process. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline .
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Remuneration in accordance with MSF salary grid 528.000 AMD gross (prior to deduction of income tax, social security and army tax).
The Company offers:
- The chance to gain professional development and training within an international organisation;
- The opportunity to contribute to the Company's objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need.
MSF is committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of its employees. It welcomes applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics. Candidates from Nagorno-Karabakh region will be prioritized.
Ծրագրի Համակարգողի Օգնական.docx - Job Description in Armenian