"Right Side" Human Rights Defender NGO is looking for an Attorney/ Lawyer. The key priority for the "Right Side" Human Rights Defender is acceptance and respect towards transgender and LGBQI+ people.
- Provide legal counseling services to beneficiaries;
- Do legal representation of NGO and its beneficiaries in state bodies, courts and in other governmental and non-governmental local and international institutions;
- Answer hotline phone calls if necessary; provide night-time presentation at the police;
- Mutually cooperate with state, local self-governing and legal bodies;
- Propose legislative initiatives, if needed;
- Conduct legal researches;
- Document human rights violations of beneficiaries;
- Prepare reports and analysis on human rights violation issues;
- Prepare necessary legal documents of the NGO/ employment contracts, by laws updates, internal regulations, etc.;
- Prepare a national report about the violations of rights of beneficiaries;
- Develop and deliver training modules on human rights, discrimination and torture prevention, freedom of speech, hate speech and hate crime and on gender equality issues;
- Prepare different statements and communicate with local and international governmental and non-governmental bodies;
- Perform other activities related to the job.
- Degree in Law;
- At least 3 years of work experience;
- LGBTQ inclusive and non-discriminative approach;
- Excellent knowledge of the RA Criminal and Civil Code;
- Knowledge of international law;
- Experience in research and reporting;
- Knowledge of legal terminology in English language, as well as an attempt to prepare legal contracts (or bilingual agreements);
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian and English languages; knowledge of Russian language is highly encouraged;
- Individual responsibility to be self-disciplined, punctuality, great inter-personal communication skills;
- Teamwork and effective time management skills;
- Work experience with civil society organizations and advocate qualification will be considered as an advantage;
- Computer skills.
All interested candidates are welcome to apply online via Career Center or send their CV to: email@example.com
indicating the position title ("Attorney/ Lawyer") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
200,000 AMD (including taxes)