The Chief Accountant will be responsible for the smooth functioning of the Financial Department. He/ she will oversee the financial unit operations to ensure the company efficiency, quality service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Prepare monthly statutory accounts and financial statements under the requirements of Armenian tax legislation;
- Report, analyze, and ensure integrity of all financial information;
- Determine proper handling of financial transactions and approve transactions in a timely manner;
- Maintain the system of accounts and keep records on all company transactions and assets;
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in the financial entries, documents, and reports;
- Closely maintain and monitor the fixed assets system;
- Coordinate monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts;
- Prepare annual financial statements according to IFRS, as well as other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected financial position of the company;
- Prepare work papers and supporting schedules for the annual financial review;
- Work with both internal and external auditors during the financial audits;
- Manage a team of accountants.
- Higher education in Accounting or Finance; MBA will be a plus;
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a Chief Accountant with trade companies;
- Good knowledge of spoken and written Armenian and Russian languages; knowledge of English language will be considered as an advantage;
- Strong IT knowledge and experience in setting up and maintaining computerized accounting system;
- Knowledge of 1C accounting software; knowledge of ArmSoft will be a plus;
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS and Armenian accounting, tax and financial regulations;
- A team player, who also demonstrates outstanding leadership with good communication, interpersonal and management skills;
- Drive to success and ability to glow with the company to take up more senior role in the company as the company is expanding;
- Self-motivated personality with the ability to work under pressure proactively and independently with little or no supervision.
All interested and qualified candidates are welcome to send their CV to: email@example.com
. Please indicate the position title ("Chief Accountant") in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.