Chemonics International, an international development consulting firm, seeks a Chief of Party for USAID's anticipated Rule of Law Project. This activity aims to address judicial reform within courts, relevant self-regulatory agencies, and academic institutions. Assistance envisions to modernize internal case management systems through e-court solutions, improve judiciary's professional and effective court administration skills, promote alternative dispute resolution mechanisms to alleviate court backlog, build the functional capacity of the Supreme Judicial Council (a self-regulatory agency responsible for judicial testing, candidate selection, hiring and disciplining), advance law school education and professional training in specific legal and regulatory areas, and strengthen the legal and regulatory environment through monitoring, communication, and stakeholder collaboration over the life of the activity.
- Provide leadership, management, and technical direction to develop and execute program activities, which will focus on building capacity of governmental counterparts and justice service providers to promote efficiency and transparency; modernize case management systems; support justice sector reforms; improve justice service delivery for citizens and communities; and advance law school education and professional training;
- Implement the Project' strategic long-term vision;
- Provide overall Project leadership, management, and technical direction;
- Supervise technical and administrative staff;
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID and international and regional partners;
- Ensure that all Project assistance is technically sound and appropriate;
- Oversee work planning, performance management, strategic communications, and contractual and budgetary aspects of program management, including coordinating with Washington, D.C.- based Project management unit;
- Represent Chemonics to USAID, the government of Armenia, local partners, and other program stakeholders.
- Advanced degree in Law, International Development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related field;
- At least 10 years of experience supervising complex, fast-paced, politically oriented field operations; at least 3 years of experience as a Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party, or equivalent;
- Experience managing or implementing a similar rule of law, and/ or justice strengthening Project that involves building relationships with government and stakeholders, grant-making, and training;
- Experience working on rule of law programs in Armenia or similar contexts is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships with government officials, NGOs, and stakeholders and donors;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Fluency in English language.
Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV with a cover letter to: ArmeniaRecruitment@chemonics.com
by 14 August 2020. Please specify the subject line of the email as "Rule of Law/ Chief of Party". Refrain from phone calls, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.