The Austrian Development Agency (ADA), the operational unit of the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC), is looking for a Communications and Event Manager (full-time, f/m, locally contracted) for the project “Local Empowerment of Actors for Development in Shirak province of Armenia (LEAD4Shirak)”. Under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, and the overall supervision of the International Team Leader, the incumbent will be responsible for the planning and servicing mobilization and communication of events, supporting in all public relation matters including social media, as well as provision of administrative support. This position is based in the project office in Gyumri with frequent trips to Shirak marz (province) communities.
- Ensure the implementation of the project Communication and Visibility Plan in compliance with EU and ADA regulations;
- Manage the development of a corporate design, create and plan the communications and visibility activities;
- Create and manage the Project’s social media accounts ensuring consistency of the materials and regularly updating and promoting the online content;
- With the support of the project team, develop, coordinate and manage production of promotional materials and publications;
- Organize and ensure media coverage of the project activities;
- Plan and organize project related events;
- Ensure the proper documentation of all project activities including visual media (e.g. photos and videos);
- Support and track all outgoing communications with external partners; proofread and prepare clean copy documents;
- Support the project team in creating, editing and translating documents and presentations;
- Perform administrative tasks, including maintaining project staff travel/ activities calendars, scheduling meetings and appointments for the project team, preparing minutes of meetings, making unofficial translations in relation to the project activities, etc.;
- Support the International Team Leader in preparation of project reports and deliverables;
- Carry out other relevant duties as required by the supervisor.
- University degree in Public Relations, Communications, Development Studies, Economics or another relevant field;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar position preferably in an international environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills; ability to work in multinational and multicultural environment;
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and social media;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Armenian languages; knowledge of German and/ or Russian languages would be an asset;
- Demonstrated creative thinking, initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks;
- Availability to travel;
- Sound knowledge of visibility guidelines, communication concepts, techniques and methods;
- Experience in EU-funded projects is an asset;
- Gender and diversity competence, ability to integrate the gender perspective into tasks and activity;
- Adherence to the highest standards of ethics and integrity;
- Good knowledge of modern office procedures;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV, Cover Letter, as well as other relevant documents to: email@example.com
with the subject line "LEAD4Shirak - Communications and Event Manager".
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
The minimum salary for this position depends on qualification and experience and is based on a full-time employment.
This project position is subject to the pending signature of the Contribution Agreement between the EU and ADA. ADA retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. Women are particularly encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence and no application fees or information with respect to bank account details are required by ADA for the recruitment process. Please note that in the event of an invitation for an interview, ADA is unable to reimburse costs incurred. Candidates must expect that references from previous employers will be requested by ADA. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The Austrian Development Agency (ADA) has been delegated by the European Union (EU) to implement a strategic project focusing on the development of Local Empowerment of Actors for Development in Shirak province of Armenia (LEAD4Shirak). The project funded by the European Union with a volume of EUR 4.5 mln will be implemented in Armenia’s Shirak Province over a period of 48 months. To support the ADC Office for Technical Cooperation in Yerevan (OTC) in ensuring a successful implementation of this project, ADA is recruiting an experienced Communications and Event Manager based in Gyumri for a maximum of 48 months, starting in October 2020.
The overall objective of the action is “to promote inclusive and sustainable growth and improved livelihoods of rural population in Shirak marz through support to community-driven local development initiatives and partnerships” by focusing on the following specific objectives:
Specific Objective 1: A sustainable mechanism for mobilising local actors for development in line with the EU LEADER approach is set up in Shirak marz;
Specific Objective 2: The implementation of community needs-based projects in line with the EU LEADER approach has been supported in Shirak marz.
Within the above objectives, the project envisages achievement of the following outputs:
Output 1: The regulatory framework and delivery system for CLLD/LEADER are effective in Shirak marz;
Output 2: At least two representative Local Action Groups (LAGs) have been established and are operational;
Output 3: Local stakholders in at least two LAGs have elaborated an inclusive, gender-sensitive and sustainable multi-annual community-driven Local Development Strategy (LDS) and an Implementation Plan (IP) that represents the needs, interests and potentials of the local population;
Output 4: Local economic and social initiatives and innovations have been supported based on the priorities set up in the LDS and according to the grant and support scheme;
Output 5: LAGs and local stakeholders have been involved in lively exchanges, capitalising on the CLLD/ LEADER approach and furthering its sustainable anchoring in the institutional fabric of Armenia.