Under the direct supervision of the IOM Armenia Programme Manager and in close coordination with the relevant project staff, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to IOM Armenia projects in raising awareness on the issues of the rights of migrants in Armenia through social media, and other digital information materials. The incumbent will work to support enhanced visibility and documentation efforts that contribute to IOM Armenia’s overall communications efforts and brand.
- Communicate with the IOM Armenia Programme Manager to follow up project updates and coordinate with the project team if necessary;
- Assist in digital content and post creation for Mission’s social media accounts and website, as well as scheduling social media posts according to the adopted strategy;
- Assist in the coordination of public awareness and advocacy campaigns with IOM Armenia project team, partner organizations and relevant stakeholders;
- Assist in preparation of the donor or institutional periodic reports;
- Gather, prepare and disseminate public information on activities related to migrant human rights;
- Assist with translating social media posts into Armenian/ English and respond to Armenian messages and comments received on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Assist in translating human interest stories to/ from English from/ into Armenian and in editing Armenian content in some deliverables;
- Support in implementing IOM’s branding policy: ensure that all reports, info sheets, banners, and other products are produced in line with IOM graphic guidelines for the projects implemented in Armenia and implement donor visibility guidelines;
- Support organization of the public events, and assist in drafting press briefing notes, news stories and images showing IOM's work in the country;
- Assist with other communications-related tasks as needed such as photography, coordinate getting human interest stories, and event implementation;
- Monitor the partner institution’s and donor’s social media pages;
- Support the publication, distribution, and tracking of the IOM Armenia monthly programmatic updates (both digital and print versions) and other relevant products;
- Assist in drafting news articles for the Mission’s website in coordination with the Project Coordinator and update the website with relevant information in coordination with the ICT and Information Management Units;
- Assist in implementing communications and public relations activities of IOM Armenia;
- Ensure a proper and regular distribution of IOM visibility materials to partners, diplomatic missions and other relevant institutions in Armenia;
- Assist with research into social media advertising and monitoring of success rates;
- Perform other job-related duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Communication Arts, Development Studies, Behavioural Sciences, International Studies, or a related field from an accredited academic institution;
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience;
- Proven knowledge in media and communications;
- Excellent writing skills in a number of different styles/ tones, including impeccable spelling and grammar in Armenian and English languages;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft applications;
- Strong understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms;
- Proven strong organizational skills and practical experience of how to multitask, prioritize and work independently;
- Knowledge of donor reporting guidelines is a plus;
- Working experience in development or humanitarian environment is desirable;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages; knowledge of Russian language is desired.
Required Competencies: The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respect and promote individual and cultural differences; encourage diversity and inclusion wherever possible;
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and act in a manner consistent with organizational principles/ rules and standards of conduct;
- Professionalism: demonstrate ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies - Behavioural Indicators Level 1
- Teamwork: develop and promote effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results;
- Delivering results: produce and deliver quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; be action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes;
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seek to learn, share knowledge and innovate;
- Accountability: take ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assume responsibility for own action and delegated work;
- Communication: encourage and contribute to clear and open communication; explain complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Interested candidates are welcome to submit their CV and cover letter to: HRIOMArmenia@iom.int
with subject line “Communications Assistant G4” by the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Other: Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G4.