The Construction Project Manager is responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. The Construction Project Manager's responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all the areas of project management like Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, and Safety Management.
- Oversee the construction project from start to finish;
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed;
- Create the teams, develop the objectives/ goals of each and assign individual responsibilities;
- Project accounting functions, including managing the budget, tracking of team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project;
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports;
- Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule;
- Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises;
- Communicate effectively with the teams responsible for completing various phases of the project;
- Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the client’s team, architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and laborers;
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams;
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards;
- Carry out periodic inspection of construction sites;
- Ensure project documents are complete;
- Serve as a key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client;
- Responsible for charting out the project objectives and plans, setting performance requirements, and selecting project participants;
- Bring about optimum utilization of resources - labor, materials and equipment, and ensure their procurement at most cost-effective terms;
- Implement various operations through proper coordination;
- Develop effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering; postgraduate degree in Project Management is an added advantage;
- At least 5 years of experience in construction projects;
- Knowledge of MS Project or Primavera - Project Budgeting and Scheduling;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Very good command of English language, both written and oral;
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is a plus;
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort;
- Good client management and goodwill building ability;
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams;
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability;
- Capacity to handle pressure;
- Willingness to travel extensively across the construction sites or permanently work out of the office on the construction site;
- Physical and mental fitness;
- Strong focus on quality.
All interested candidates are kindly requested to send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please indicate the position title (“Project Manager”) in the subject line of the email. After studying applications, the Company will contact shortlisted candidates for the detailed interviews.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.