The Embassy of Japan in Armenia is hiring a new staff member for the Consular and Security Sections.
- Receive, review and enter visa applications into the consular system; print approved visas and prepare passports for collection;
- Respond to telephonic, written and in-person inquiries on consular and visa matters, on a daily basis;
- Provide oral interpretation and written translation from/ to Armenian, English and Russian languages, prepare notes verbal and other official correspondence, as required;
- Liaise with international/ government/ local authorities, including but not limited to law enforcement agencies and medical institutions, airlines and tour operators, hotels and accommodation providers;
- Support the Consular and Security Officer in providing emergency assistance to Japanese citizens as needed;
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the relevant diplomats of the Embassy.
- Assist the Consular and Security Officer in overseeing the Embassy’s security arrangement;
- Search, analyze, and report general security information for Japanese citizens;
- Liaise and coordinate business with the security and guard service management company;
- Provide security support as requested by the Consular and Security Officer;
- Perform any other job-related tasks assigned by the relevant diplomats of the Embassy.
- University degree;
- At least 2 years of professional experience in consular/ administrative affairs/ customer service; working experience in diplomatic missions, international organizations and/ or governmental institutions are desirable;
- Work and residence permit in Armenia;
- Proficiency in Armenian, English and Russian languages;
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SNS;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good health.
- Ability to work honestly, openly, impartially;
- Ability to work in a calm, competent, and committed manner; conscientiousness and efficiency in meeting commitments, observes achieving results;
- Ability to work effectively, respectfully, and inclusively with people from different backgrounds and with different perspectives;
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- Ability to keep abreast of new occupational/ professional developments;
- Ability to provide constructive advisory and feedback;
- Ability to operate with transparency;
- Ability to treat sensitive or confidential information appropriately.
Candidates are requested to submit the Embassy’s application form attached to the announcement and a motivation letter (free format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
by the deadline. Only applications in English language will be considered. Potential candidates will be invited for an interview and written assessment, which is scheduled to be held in the middle of June. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Application Form.doc - Application Form