European Bank for Reconstruction and Development is looking for a Consultant (Financial Institutions). The role is equivalent to an analyst level, and it will be focused on the work with local Financial Institutions (FIs) in Armenia, including banks, leasing and insurance companies as well as other non-bank FIs. The Consultant will take part and help with the execution of "Projects", which means provision of debt and equity financing to locals FIs supported by technical assistance (TC) and policy dialogue. The Consultant contributes to all phases of the project cycle, including project origination, structuring, execution, implementation and monitoring. The Consultant will take responsibility for the tasks assigned to him/ her by the operation leader or more senior members of the project team, or more senior bankers, which may include undertaking comprehensive due diligence, including financial, market, integrity and EBRD policy compliance, as well as effective post-signing implementation and monitoring.
Under the guidance of the operation leader or FI Business Leader for the region the Consultant will:
Structuring and Execution
- Work as a project team member on transactions, contributing to all aspects of project structuring and execution, including comprehensive research and analysis of background materials, market information and financial performance data; analyse and evaluate potential risks related to proposed project, including analysis of financial statements, preparing and updating financial models and financial projections;
- Assist with the designing and processing of technical co-operation assistance, including preparation of terms of reference and internal approval documentation, to support the related investment project or the related policy dialogue initiative;
- As may be requested, assist with communication with internal units of the EBRD, clients and other stakeholders, at the operational level, such as preparing draft correspondence, presentations, and following up on internal emails;
- Ensure that all tasks assigned to the Consultant are completed within the specified time frames to a high quality and in line with the policies, procedures and objectives of the EBRD.
Portfolio Monitoring, Value Creation and Reporting
- As requested by the operation leader or FI Business Leader, undertake assigned tasks relating to the implementation and monitoring of projects to which the Consultant is assigned as part of the project team, including compliance with project agreements and the EBRD procedures related to disbursement, monitoring of progress of the project and financial performance of a client, assessing evolving risk factors and monitoring and assessing covenant compliance;
- As requested by the Operation Leader or more senior member of the project team, prepare timely and comprehensive draft monitoring reports and include recommendations for corrective actions where required and ensure these corrective actions and recommendations are brought to the attention of more senior team members;
- As may be requested by, and under the supervision of, a TC Operation Leader, assist with the effective implementation and monitoring of TC assignments including communication with TC client, monitoring of TC fund usage, preparation and filing of relevant TC progress and completion reports to support the TC operation leader to meet donor reporting requirements and operational objectives.
Note: The responsibilities of the Consultant are designed to allow the Consultant to progressively undertake more complex tasks and build the scope of responsibilities based on acquired experience and expertise.
- Bachelor's degree; master's degree is preferred, or equivalent experience in the areas of expertise;
- Professional qualification such as ACA, CFA, ACCA, or CIMA is desirable;
- Quantitative/ numerical skills are critical with the ability to interpret financial information and to design and use financial models;
- Banks' financial and credit analysis skills, with the ability to interpret banks' accounts and financial statements, understanding local and international accounting principles and practice of credit analysis, understanding of local banking regulations and key regulatory requirements, understanding of the main risks related to banking business;
- Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office and spreadsheet packages, including financial analysis and modelling modules;
- Good understanding of relevant systems and processes;
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and to deadlines and under time pressure; multitasking skills and excellent time management skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English language;
- Excellent command over the local/ country language;
- Relevant financial industry experience from an investment or commercial bank, private equity firm, asset management firm, or auditing/financial consulting firm operating to international standards;
- Exposure to the banking industry/ country experience.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com
. Please mention the position title ("Consultant (Financial Institutions)") in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.