Chemonics seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the anticipated USAID-funded Economic Foundations for a Resilient Armenia Activity. This anticipated project will enhance Armenia’s economic security through institutional capacity building, support to targeted sectors such as tourism, agriculture, and high-tech; and improved access to finance and investment for SMEs. The Deputy Chief of Party, based in Yerevan, is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of technical activities and implementation of the activity. The DCOP will assist the COP in ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award. The DCOP will support the COP in overall program management and oversee collaboration with other USAID and donor-funded programs, partners, and local stakeholders. The DCOP will work closely with the COP to ensure overall technical, financial, and regulatory compliance to ensure successful program implementation. Candidates should possess demonstrated experience in supporting relevant economic development programs in Armenia and/ or the South Caucasus. Chemonics is looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Support Chief of Party in overall technical direction and day-to-day oversight and management of all project activities and performance;
- Support COP in strategic planning and overall technical vision for the project, including annual work planning, performance management, and strategic communications;
- Oversee one, or multiple, component teams, providing strategic guidance to team members and direct technical assistance to counterparts;
- Ensure effective coordination between project partners, private and public sectors, government counterparts, and donor community;
- Support COP as secondary point of contact for USAID/ Armenia and serve as acting Chief of Party, as needed;
- Support COP in all aspects of program management related to financial management; personnel management; oversight of subcontracts and grants, procurement, and compliance.
- Advanced degree or equivalent in Economic Development, Public Policy, Agricultural Economics, International Development, or a related field is preferred;
- At least 5 years of experience working on donor-funded programs focused on economic development, institutional capacity development, economic competitiveness, and/or access to finance preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with senior government personnel, NGO partners, host country citizens, U.S. and foreign government organizations, donor partners, and the private sector;
- Experience working on USAID-funded programs is preferred;
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations is preferred;
- Strong interpersonal, managerial, and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity skills;
- Fluency in Armenian language; English language proficiency is preferred.
Interested candidates are welcome to send an email with their CV and cover letter attached and “Armenia EFRA” in the subject line to: ArmeniaEFRARecruit@chemonics.com
by the deadline. The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted. Please refrain from phone calls.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/