Ucom is looking for an analytical, results-driven IT professional for DevOps Engineer position, who will collaborate with software developers, system operators and other IT staff members to organise and manage code releases. The incumbent should be responsible for multitasking and dealing with multiple urgent situations at a time and be able to cross and merge the barriers that exist between software development, testing and operations teams and keep existing networks in mind as they design, plan and test.
- Participate in the processes of strategic project-planning meetings;
- Provide guidance and expertise on system options, risk and impact;
- Create and share operational requirements and development forecasts to allow for timely and accurate planning of projects;
- Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problems;
- Develop and build IT solutions, install and configure solutions, implement reusable components, assist with all stages of test data, develop interface stubs and simulators and perform script maintenance and updates;
- Build automated deployments through the use of configuration management technology;
- Deploy new modules and upgrades and complete fixes within the production environment;
- Make modules ready for production, which entails moving them according to specific procedures and documenting knowledge transfer;
- Use coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow;
- Carry out routine application maintenance tasks via strategy-building techniques;
- Evaluate existing applications and platforms, and be able to provide recommendations for enhancing performance via gap analysis, identifying the most practical alternative solutions and assisting with modifications;
- Provide direct server support during various operations such as deployment and general production;
- Collaborate with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices;
- Learn about and gathering new technologies and related tools to introduce to the Company in order to grow the agile development environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Programming, Computer Science, or a related field;
- 2-5 years of related work experience;
- Familiarity with container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes;
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/ CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins;
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments;
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell or Python.
Candidates who meet the above mentioned requirements and are confident that their background and experience qualify them for the position, are asked to send their CV to: email@example.com
mentioning the title of the position ("DevOps Engineer") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.