US Peace Corps Armenia is looking for a Driver/ Mechanic. The primary responsibility of the Driver/ Mechanic is to provide safe and reliable transportation for staff and volunteers within Armenia and neighbouring countries as needed. The Driver ensures that the vehicles are properly maintained and operated according to Peace Corps policy. As part of the General Services Unit, the Driver supports the General Services Manager (GSM) in the areas of procurement, property management and logistics. Detailed job description is available upon email request.
- Secondary school diploma;
- 5 years of driving experience; 2 years of experience working with foreigners;
- Level 2 English language proficiency and level 4 Armenian language proficiency according to the Interagency Language Roundtable: http://govtilr.org/
- Possession of a valid Armenian Driver's License (new requirement: must have B/C/D category);
- Ability to drive automatic and standard transmission vehicles;
- Knowledgeable about primary and secondary Armenian roadways;
- Ability to read maps;
- Basic working knowledge of vehicle maintenance and mechanics;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure;
- Ability to travel;
- Ability to lift and move supplies and equipment;
- Ability to pass a background check conducted by the United States Embassy;
- Ability to operate some office equipment: computer, copiers, printers, cameras, cell phone, satellite phone, GPS.
- Technical degree in Mechanics or a related field;
- Professional driving experience such as Public Transportation Driver, Courier Services; working experience with foreigners;
- Higher English language proficiency (Level 3 and above); Russian language skills are also helpful;
- Other administrative skills such as scheduling, courier, clerical.
Interested candidates are welcome to submit an application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
indicating the position title ("Driver/ Mechanic") in the subject line of the email. The application must include:
- Cover Letter in English language that describes your qualifications;
- A current resume or curriculum vitae in English language;
- The names and contact information in English language (phone and email) of at least 3 references who are familiar with your work;
- Copy of valid drivers’ license (B/C/D category).
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. Alternatively, candidates may drop off applications to a Contracting Officer at: 33 Charents Street, Yerevan 0025, Armenia.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
5,175,326 AMD per year
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
All interested candidates
Peace Corps Armenia provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
The awarding of this contract is contingent upon the availability of US funds. The US government reserves the right to cancel this vacancy announcement prior to awarding any contract.