Jermik Ankyun Foundation is looking for an Executive Director. The Executive Director is first and foremost enthusiastic about disability rights and is comfortable interacting with and advocating for individuals with special needs. He/ she is a creative individual with incredible initiative, a visionary eye, and a strong business mind who can address strategic issues facing JAF. He/ she directs and manages all functions related to the operations of Jermik Ankyun Foundation, generates new ideas, and takes the initiative to improve processes, services, systems and programs. He/ she is the legal representation of the organization. The Executive Director will maintain effective relationships and liaise with the board, stakeholders, employees, elected officials, the Ministry of Labor and Social Issues, Parliament, and donors. He/ she must remain knowledgeable about legislature developments or trends that can impact mental health care, and disability rights. He/ she will be able to implement governance decisions, manage a dynamic team, and ensure financial planning, compliance and budget control. He/ she will be an outspoken individual who works to shape policy and practice in Armenia, resulting in the replication of the JAF model of group homes in Armenia.
- Legally represent the Foundation;
- File legal and regulatory documents and comply with relevant laws and regulations;
- Enter into contracts and agreements in the name and on behalf of JAF, conduct negotiations, issue Power of Attorney, and purchase and dispose of property of JAF. Open and close national and foreign currency accounts with financial institutions, sign financial documents.
Mission, Policy and Planning
- Responsible for the developing and implementing the JAF strategic framework, and coordinate the development of annual plans (and work plans) in line with Strategic Plans;
- Work with FWH and the JAF Board to update the Strategic Plan as needed, so that it remains dynamic and relevant;
- Work with the Board to determine values, mission, vision and goals;
- Monitor and evaluate JAF's relevancy, effectiveness, and results (eventually assist Board in this duty);
- Keep informed of developments in JAF's mission area, general business management, non-profit governance, philanthropy, and fund development;
- After approval by JAF Board and FWH, assure that Rules and Regulations and all appropriate internal and external policies are in place and adhered to in order to guide the Organization's work in all areas.
Management and Administration
- Provide general oversight of all JAF activities, and assure a smoothly functioning, efficient and quality organization. Oversee and ensure quality assurance processes;
- Ensure that all programs and projects are aligned with the Strategic Plan and vision;
- Coordinate preparation of annual reports (financial and narrative) for approval by FWH (and eventually JAF Board);
- Assure program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation.
Human Resource Management
- Create, implement and ensure compliance with Human Resource Manual;
- Assure a work environment that recruits, retains, and supports quality staff and volunteers who are in alignment with our culture and vision. Cultivate leaders within the organization and ensure that supervisors are doing the same;
- Assure process for selecting, developing, terminating, motivating and evaluating staff and volunteers;
- Ensure the existence of clear and transparent decision-making procedures in management;
- Execute employment agreements, define salary and benefit matters and issues. Assure development and maintenance of appropriate salary structures;
- Recommend annual staffing, compensation, and financing plan to the Board (and FWH) with an annual operating budget proposal;
- Ensure timely quality staff performance evaluations of all staff, and that there is a mutual feedback mechanism between supervisors and those they supervise.
Fund Development and Financial Management
- Build a balanced, comprehensive and transparent budget and financial plan, and obtain approval from the Board and FWH;
- Oversee the financial activities of the Organization and assure adequate controls, and check and balances are maintained at all levels as described in the Financial chapter of the Rules and Regulations;
- Ensure diversification of funding to support goals of JAF;
- In conjunction with the Board and specialized staff, actively direct the fundraising efforts of the Organization and be involved in all major gift solicitations and grant requests;
- Identify, cultivate and solicit donors;
- Develop income-generating projects;
- Promote and foster a culture of philanthropy that is unique to Armenia, but is donor-centered and nurtures relationships between donors and organization;
- Ensure financial reporting is completed in a timely and accurate matter.
- Develop a dynamic, involved and enthusiastic board;
- Acts as a liaison between staff and board;
- Work with the Board, its officers and committees to define their roles and responsibilities; help evaluate their performance regularly;
- Work with the Board Chair to enable the Board to fulfil its governance functions, and manages the Board's due diligence process to assure timely attention to core issues;
- Work with Board Chair to focus Board attention on long-term strategic issues, and to keep the board informed of operations;
- Ensure that the Board carries out its part in philanthropy and fund development activities.
- Position the Organization with key members of the community and maintain public identity. Facilitate the integration of the Organization into the community by assuring the use of effective marketing and communication activities;
- Maintain a high profile and excellent reputation within the community;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key high level representatives of government agencies, national partners, international agencies, key stakeholders and media, in formal and informal settings;
- Serves as JAF's primary spokesperson and advocate for issues relevant to JAF;
- With the Program Manager work directly with state officials as well as other governmental representatives, civic officials, and local communities as necessary to advance organizational goals;
- Listen to residents, volunteers, donors, stakeholders, and the community in order to improve services and generate community involvement.
- Bachelor's degree;
- Ongoing education (at least 1 year) in progressive management or at least 5 years of progressive management experience, including 2 years of supervisory experience;
- Public administration and financial management experience;
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit organizations;
- Knowledge of legislation applicable to nonprofit sector organizations including: employment standards, human rights, occupational health and safety, charities, taxation;
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization;
- Knowledge of human resources management;
- Knowledge of financial management;
- Knowledge of project management;
- Proficiency in the use of computers for: Word processing, financial management, E-mail, Internet and social media platforms;
- Language skills: fluency in Armenian and English languages; knowledge of Russian language is preferred;
- Writing skills: composing letters, writing project proposals;
- Public speaking skills: talking in front of the camera, talking in front of public, facilitating meetings, conducting training sessions.
Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV in English language to: email@example.com
indicating the position title ("Executive Director") in the subject line of the e-mail.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.