World Bank Yerevan Office is looking for a External Affairs Assistant to join its team.
- Under the direct supervision of an External Affairs Officer (EAO) assist with the planning and design, specifically with the implementation of outreach strategies and campaigns, promote effective communications within and/ or outside the Bank and help strengthen the Bank's partnership with various key constituencies, including the media, government, the business community, parliament, academia and other parts of civil society, as well as with colleagues throughout the Bank;
- Under guidance draft, edit, produce, and distribute routine external and/ or internal outreach materials (e.g., background notes, press releases, PowerPoint presentations, results stories, etc.) related to the Bank's work. Share this information with appropriate internal and external constituencies;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the Country website/ Facebook by generating ideas for new content, drafting materials. Regularly share the new content/ updates with different/ relevant constituencies;
- Coordinate logistics and speakers for Bank-sponsored events and other internal and/ or external outreach activities (e.g., press briefings, conferences and seminars, consultations, public lectures, launches, learning opportunities, etc.) aimed at fostering dissemination and two-way dialogue on strategic topics pertaining to the Bank;
- Routinely gather and monitor information from inside and outside sources, including social media, about the Bank and its work, and report regularly on current events, activities, and thinking on Bank-related issues;
- Administer a media monitoring system (e.g., daily news clipping service) on selected issues pertaining to the Bank's work or policies;
- Respond to routine inquiries about the Bank;
- Help implement and monitor the Translation Framework.
- 3 years of relevant experience in the field of communications;
- Familiarity with communications approaches, tools, and methodologies for planning, executing, and monitoring communications strategies: e.g., campaign management, social marketing, opinion research, outreach tactics, message targeting;
- Excellent oral and written communications capabilities; strong organizational, research/ analytical and presentation skills; spoken and written fluency in Armenian and English languages;
- Excellent knowledge of social media, digital tools, basic knowledge of photography;
- Understanding of the Bank, its policies and operations; basic understanding of current development topics and issues;
- Knowledge of social, political and development issues in the country, including attitudes reflected/ expressed in social nets;
- High degree of self-motivation, strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work under minimum supervision and as part of a team.
Qualified candidates are welcome to send their CV, cover letter and a single piece of communications product (article, story, social media post) to: email@example.com
indicating the position title ("External Affairs Assistant") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.