By 2025, Teach For Armenia aims to recruit more than 360 Teacher-Leaders. To do so, Teach For Armenia must increase its recruitment goal by 20% each and every year. Once they reach scale, they will plateau and remain at “steady state". University graduates represent a significant part of the cohort. Moreover, in line with scaling Teach For Armenia's vision is to engage more and more university graduates as well as ensure high visibility of the Teach For Armenia brand in the campus. The Graduate Recruitment Manager is responsible for developing the graduate recruitment strategy so that the Organization can achieve the “critical mass” necessary to reach a tipping point.
All members of the Graduate Recruitment team will report directly to the Graduate Recruitment Manager. The Graduate Recruitment team is part of the larger Recruitment team, which in turn is a part of the “Talent Initiatives” division, which includes Human Resources as well as Selection and Matriculation. The Graduate Recruitment Manager will report to the Head of Recruitment.
About the Candidate:
Teach For Armenia may be the place for those who believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. TFA team must be composed of culture-builders who exemplify the type of leadership they are striving to cultivate in their classrooms and across the system. This means each staff member must strive to exemplify its Kochari, hold themselves to the highest of standards while owning up to mistakes when they themselves falter.
For this role, the key responsibilities will include:
Driving Strategy (40%)
- Develop strong strategies around graduate recruitment and campus based visibility;
- Together with the Graduate Recruitment Team engage in campus based activities in order to ensure the successful implementation of graduate recruitment;
- Engage directly with university leaders to co-create initiatives that will attract more students;
- Build a strong network of supporters with leaders from universities and other relevant organizations.
Leading Team (30%)
- Set ambitious targets for the Graduate Recruitment Team;
- Conduct weekly check-ins with direct reports and team meetings in order to discuss progress and resolve challenges;
- Ensure the team is developing skills, from headhunting to storytelling for the purpose of recruitment.
Planning and Evaluation (20%)
- Throughout the recruitment season, ensure that the team is tracking data through Salesforce in order to assess progress against goals;
- Throughout the year ensure the alignment of graduate recruitment to the whole recruitment process in collaboration with the Head of Recruitment;
- At the end of the recruitment season, together with the Head of Recruitment, evaluate the team’s impact, assess strengths, as well as areas for improvement;
- Create time throughout the recruitment season to assess progress and determine potential pivots in strategy.
Participating in Org-Wide and Cross-Collaborative Initiatives (10%)
- Participate at regular org-wide events and initiatives to build up on the organizational culture and be a part of the key strategic meetings and events;
- Serve on other working groups and projects as needed.
Note: Teach For Armenia is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Their team must be agile as they grow in scale. Teach For Armenia is looking for leaders who are resilient and adaptive. That is to say that responsibilities may shift over time.
For this role specifically, Teach For Armenia is also looking for a candidate who possesses the following key competencies:
- Recruitment: With such ambitious goals, Teach For Armenia is needs a leader with a demonstrated track record of meeting targets in recruitment, sales or other relevant areas;
- Team Management: During peak season, the Graduate Recruitment Manager will directly manage seasonal recruiters or recruitment associates. It is important for the Graduate Recruitment Manager to build a strong team culture and invest others in a vision for success while managing towards results;
- Partnerships: Without key partnerships, Teach For Armenia is will not be able to reach its recruitment aims. For that reason, the Graduate Recruitment Manager must be a master of cultivating strong partnerships with universities and intra-university organizations;
- Collaboration: The Recruitment intersects with various departments across the Organization, from Marketing and Brand Strategy to Regional Teams. Teach For Armenia is needs a leader who is able to partner with others in order to exploit opportunities and mitigate risks.
Aside from these core competencies, Teach For Armenia is is also looking for the following qualifications:
- At least 2 years of experience leading teams w/ demonstrated results;
- At least 2 years of experience in recruitment, sales or other relevant experience;
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages; proficiency in Russian language is a plus;
- At least, a bachelor’s degree; however, many staff members at Teach For Armenia possess a naster’s degree or higher;
- Meaningful personal connection to the Armenian context;
- Previous work experience or joint projects with universities or university-based organizations is a plus.
Please submit your résumé and cover letter online: https://teachforarmenia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=79
. In your cover letter, please make sure to explain what personally compels you to our mission and the role. If you have been referred to this role by a current Teach For Armenia staff member, please also indicate who referred you in your cover letter. In your application, please also specify your salary expectations (in the gross amount). Also, if your résumé is in Armenian language, please provide an English language translation.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.