The Head of Disaster Management (DM) will be responsible for managing the Armenian Red Cross Society (ARCS) Disaster Management Department and overseeing the Society’s programming activities related to mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery to disasters and emergencies in Armenia. He/ she will work under the direct supervision of the Secretary General and the guidance of the President of ARCS.
Under the direct supervision of the Secretary-General, manage the ARCS’s disaster mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery programming, including:
- Develop, revise and/ or update DM concepts, strategies, institutional papers and plans (preparedness, response, contingency and business continuity) and Standard Operating Procedures;
- Undertake assessments of frequent disaster risks, vulnerabilities, and capacities and monitoring hazard alerts through all available platforms;
- Fulfill the role and function of the Head of DM within the Society’s Emergency Operation Structure;
- Coordinate needs, assessments, activities following a disaster or emergency;
- Support the NS’s branches to tackle small and moderate scale emergencies;
- Ensure effective and timely implementation of the Department’s programming activities in accordance with established work plans and allocation of tasks within the team members;
- Ensure effective, continuous monitoring of the programmes and promptly address the Secretary-General with issues identified in the course of the monitoring with the aim to identify the best interventions;
- Ensure proper financial control and accountability for the resources allocated to the Department’s programme;
- Ensure timely submission of narrative and financial reports to the partners in accordance with the terms;
- With the support and guidance of the Secretary-General, liaise and cooperate with relevant government departments, partners, national and international development actors;
- Train and provide guidance to staff under his/ her supervision;
- Oversee the recruitment and training of volunteers required for the implementation of the Department’s programme;
- Undertake regular assessment missions and prepare analytical reports of his/ her findings;
- Review, develop and update project documents and agreements relating to the implementation of the Department’s programme;
- Perform other related tasks that may be assigned by the President or the Secretary-General of ARCS.
- Advanced degree in a relevant area;
- At least 5 years of experience in disaster management;
- At least 5 years of experience in project management, of which at least 2 years with an international organization;
- Good familiarity with the disaster management situation/ policies/ strategies in Armenia;
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages;
- Excellent drafting skills in English language;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The qualified and interested candidates should submit their Curriculum Vitae both in English and Armenian languages to: firstname.lastname@example.org
, mentioning the position title ("Head of Disaster Management Department") in the subject line of the e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.