Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) has provided support to the Ministry of Health in Armenia in its fight against Covid and it has also started a Mental Health activity in public polyclinics in Artsakh. To manage these activities and to follow the evolution of the general context, the overall coordination team is based in Yerevan and the project team is based in Stepanakert. Operations, legal responsibility and security are under the responsibility of the Head of Mission (HoM). The main purpose of the position is to provide support to the mission by assisting the Head of Mission in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, providing translations and interpreting in order to facilitate coordination tasks in the mission. The job is based in Yerevan with frequent travels to Artsakh.
- Assist the HoM in the context analysis, disseminate relevant context information to the coordination team, regularly inform them on key issues, update general information on the context for MSF internal documents, and advise on cultural appropriateness of organisational activities and individual behaviours;
- Keep good knowledge of counterparts in different administrations and file field contacts;
- At the request of the HoM, represent MSF in meetings (NGO, official bodies, administration);
- Ensure the follow up of relevant administrative dossiers such as the MSF registration in a country, working permits, immigration policies, national protocols;
- At the request of the HoM, prepare and conduct an information briefing focusing on the country context for International, Regional and Relocated Staff;
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed.
- University degree or similar;
- Humanitarian experience is not mandatory but essential;
- Very good knowledge of oral and written English and Armenian languages; good command of Russian language and good understanding of Artsakh dialect is desired;
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel and Internet);
- Very good understanding of administration system;
- Teamwork and flexibility;
- Commitment and stress management is essential.
Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Applications must be in English language. Please, mention the position title ("HoM Assistant") in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written tests and interviews.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am. Thanks.