By 2025, Teach For Armenia aims to recruit more than 36+ Teacher-Leaders. To do so, Teach For Armenia must increase their recruitment goal by 20% each and every year. Once they reach scale, they will plateau and remain at “steady state". The Head of Recruitment is ultimately responsible for developing the Organization recruitment strategy so that the Organization can achieve the “critical mass” necessary to reach a tipping point. Using a “headhunting” approach, the Head of Recruitment will enlist Armenia’s top talent in order to transform the nation.
All members of the recruitment team will report directly to the Head of Recruitment, including two Recruitment Managers as well as seasonal recruiters. The Recruitment Team is a part of the larger “Talent Initiatives” division, which includes Human Resources as well as Selection and Matriculation. The Head of Recruitment will report to the Managing Director for Talent Initiatives, along with the Head of HR and the Head of Selection and Matriculation.
For this role, the key responsibilities will include:
Driving Strategy (20%)
- Develop strong strategies around recruitment, including headhunting;
- Engage with Teach For All, and other institutions, in order to explore best practices in recruitment, including the power of storytelling;
- Work with the Selection and Program Teams in order to identify the “ideal” candidate;
- Partner with other leaders across the Organization in order to refine the messaging for the target audience.
Leading Team (50%)
- Set ambitious targets for the recruitment team;
- Conduct weekly check-ins with direct reports and team meetings in order to discuss progress and resolve challenges;
- Ensure the team is developing skills, from headhunting to storytelling for the purpose of recruitment.
Evaluation and Planning (30%)
- Throughout the recruitment season, ensure that the team is tracking data through Salesforce in order to assess progress against goals;
- At the end of the recruitment season, evaluate the team’s impact, assess strengths, as well as areas for improvement;
- Create time throughout the recruitment season to assess progress and determine potential pivots in strategy.
Participating in Org-Wide and Cross-Collaborative Initiatives (10%)
- Participate at regular org-wide events and initiatives to build up on the organizational culture and be a part of the key strategic meetings and events;
- Serve on other working groups and projects as needed.
Note: Teach For Armenia is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Their team must be agile as they grow in scale. Teach For Armenia is looking for leaders who are resilient and adaptive. That is to say that responsibilities may shift over time.
For this role specifically, Teach For Armenia is looking for a candidate who possesses the following key competencies:
- Recruitment: With such ambitious goals, Teach For Armenia needs a leader with a demonstrated track record of meeting targets in recruitment, sales or other relevant areas;
- Driving Strategy: In order to achieve scale, it is critical that the Head of Recruitment develops a strategy that promotes efficiency and effectiveness;
- Team Management: The Recruitment Team is one of the largest teams in the Organization. It is important for the Head of Recruitment to build strong team culture and invest others in a vision for success while managing towards results;
- Partnerships: Without key partnerships, Teach For Armenia will not be able to reach the recruitment aims. For that reason, the Head of Recruitment must be a master of cultivating strong partnerships with universities and other organizations;
- Collaboration: The Recruitment intersects with various departments across the Organization, from Marketing and Brand Strategy to Regional Teams. Teach For Armenia needs a leader who is able to partner with others in order to exploit opportunities and mitigate risks.
Aside from these core competencies, Teach For Armenia is also looking for the following qualifications:
- At least a bachelor’s degree; however, many staff members at Teach For Armenia possess a master’s degree or higher;
- At least 4 years of experience leading teams with demonstrated results;
- At least 2 years of experience in recruitment, sales or other relevant areas;
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages; proficiency in Russian language is a plus;
- Meaningful personal connection to the Armenian context;
- Understanding of the Diaspora context is preferred.
Interested candidates are welcome to submit their résumé and cover letter online: https://teachforarmenia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=78
. In your cover letter, please make sure to explain what personally compels you to Teach For Armenia mission and the role. If you have been referred to this role by a current Teach For Armenia staff member, please also indicate who referred you in your cover letter. In your application, please also specify your salary expectations (in the gross amount). Also, if your résumé is in Armenian language, please provide an English language translation.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Teach For Armenia may be the place for those who believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. TFA team must be composed of culture-builders who exemplify the type of leadership they are striving to cultivate in their classrooms and across the system. This means each staff member must strive to exemplify its Kochari, hold themselves to the highest of standards while owning up to mistakes when they themselves falter.
TFA Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity:
Teach For Armenia is an organization that strives to elevate the voices of its students and their communities. As such it is an organization that is committed to equity and strives to build an inclusive environment. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.