About Teach For Armenia: Teach For Armenia is building a movement of leaders who will reshape what it means to provide an excellent education for all children across the nation. TFA aims to cultivate students who can harness their voices and shape a changing world while being committed to their communities. This will require support at every level of leadership, from the teachers in the classroom, to the highest-ranking officials. Teach For Armenia aims to accomplish this vision by recruiting promising leaders, both in Armenia and from across the diaspora, to teach for a 2-year commitment in schools where their knowledge and skills are needed. In the long-run, the organization is cultivating a network of changemakers, inclusive of its students, their communities, its Alumni, government officials, community partners, supporters, and affiliates from across Teach For All.
The Role: The Instructional Designer adapts the K-12 national syllabus for the purpose of the Seroond project. For that purpose TFA will be looking for an Instructional Designer to partner with the Seroond to codify the approach to teaching and learning by creating a comprehensive framework that outlines: a) Overall Approach; b) Structure of the School Calendar; c) Structure of Daily Lessons; d) Teaching Methods; e) Supports for Personalized Learning and Inclusion; f) IT Integration; g) Vocational and University Readiness; h) Family and Community Engagement; and i) Monitoring and Evaluation Framework. Additionally, the Instructional Designer will provide support to the Seroond Team in compiling all other elements and materials required to have a holistic approach to the K-12 curriculum delivery.
The Team: The Instructional Designer will report to Teach For Armenia's Head of Seroond. Seroond is a school leadership and public school 3-year transformation program. The team is composed of the Head of Seroond, Senior Leadership Development Manager, and Leadership Development Managers as well as Instructional-Leaders at each Seroond school within the network. The Instructional Designer will work closely with the Head of Seroond, Program Team, and Leadership Development Managers at Seroond Schools. The Instructional Designer might also work with multiple stakeholders in the network, including the school principals, Instructional-Leaders, Seroond Teachers to ensure a high relevance and quality of the developed materials.
About You: Teach For Armenia may be the place for you if you believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. Its team must be composed of culture-builders who exemplify the type of leadership they are striving to cultivate in their classrooms and across the system. This means each staff member must strive to exemplify their Kochari, hold themselves to the highest of standards, while owning up to mistakes when they themselves falter.
The Instructional Designer will ensure the timely implementation of the activities according to the timeline below:
September - October
- Research on the international experience and make the framework for the school design;
- Work with the Seroond team to elaborate on the vision, mission, educational philosophy of the Seroond school;
- Work closely with the Seroond team to compile the information on the curriculum, structure of the school calendar, structure of daily lessons with sample lesson plan, instructional methodologies and strategies.
October - November
- Work with the Senior Leadership Development Manager to design the following structures:
a) Support for personalized learning and inclusion;
b) IT integration;
c) Vocational and university readiness;
d) Family and community engagement;
November - December
- Review the school design based on the comments received from the Seroond team;
- Compile the existing structures into the whole documents, such as the student leadership framework, monitoring and evaluation framework, research and evidence, teacher qualifications requirements and teachers' competency framework.
- MA or equivalent degree in Pedagogy, Public Management, or other field with a relevant experience in education sector; PhD in Pedagogy or other related field will be a plus;
- At least 3 years of experience in teaching in a secondary school; at least 2 years of experience in developing curriculum;
- The Instructional Designer will work and produce deliverables in Armenian language; however, as a part of global network, Teach For Armenia staff must also be able to speak English.
For this role specifically, Teach For Armenia is also looking for a candidate who possesses the following key competencies:
- Instructional Design: Professional experience in designing curriculum, especially specialized in the K-12 curriculum development;
- Pedagogy: Knowledge of age-specific learning theories and methodologies and their application in K-12 to inform the curriculum development, as well as Universal Design for Learning;
- Assessment Design: Knowledge of different types of assessments (formative, summative, criterion-referenced, etc.) and assessment frameworks;
- Research and Data Synthesis: Competencies in researching information, analyzing, and synthesizing into one coherent data;
- Teamwork: Finally, the Instructional Designer will work with the Seroond team and should be able to work effectively and collaboratively with the team, setting clear expectations on the materials and resources required from the team and following up with the actions;
- Planning and Management: Excellent time-management skills with a capacity of prioritizing different objectives and tasks to meet the goals within the set time-frame as well as, effective use of technology tools for communications, planning, management, and presentations.
Interested candidates are welcome to submit their résumé and cover letter through the official job posting: https://teachforarmenia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=107
(found on Teach For Armenia's website https://www.teachforarmenia.org/we-are-hiring
). In your cover letter, please make sure to explain what personally compels you to TFA mission and the role. If you have been referred to this role by a current Teach For Armenia staff member, please also indicate who referred you in your cover letter. In your application, please also specify your salary expectations (in the gross amount). Also, if your résumé is in Armenian, please provide an English translation.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Teach For Armenia Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity:
Teach For Armenia is an organization that strives to elevate the voices of its students and their communities. As such it is an organization that is committed to equity and strives to build an inclusive environment. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.