Tumo is looking for an IT Manager, who will report to the Head of IT and will be fulfilling the following duties.
- Lead the IT team consisting of Linux and Windows system administrators and technical support assistants and ensure the seamless operation of the hardware and software infrastructures in all the Tumo centers in Armenia;
- Lead, oversee and assist the IT team members when providing support to the students, staff, events, tours, workshops, presentations and other activities;
- Make sure that all requests coming from the various departments are prioritized, distributed to the IT team members and executed on time;
- Receive regular reports from the Linux and Windows system administrators on updates and new releases; make sure that servers have up-to-date software that has been tested and proven to be compatible with the Tumo applications;
- Make sure that the local area networks in all centers and communication between the centers are flowing seamlessly;
- Make sure that all servers and workstations are maintained regularly;
- Direct the support team to make sure that the Mac and Windows OS-es on the student and staff workstations are up to date in terms of software and security, applications requested by the staff and managers of the educational content are provided to the staff and students;
- Communicate with outside sources for the purchase, repair, and maintenance of IT equipment, software, and services;
- Make sure the IT inventory is organized and well maintained;
- Assist in designing and implementing the IT infrastructure of new Tumo centers;
- Prepare the IT team's annual budget, including hardware, software and staff expenditures;
- Maintain a regular log of requests and their fulfillment;
- Follow established policies and procedures;
- Ensure that the IT department's top priority is to provide excellent customer service to Tumo staff and students;
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervisors and superiors.
- University degree in an IT-related field;
- At least 2 years of experience in IT support, including server, network and customer support;
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows Server operating systems, management and maintenance;
- Knowledge of and experience in Mac and Windows operating systems;
- Experience in setting up and managing virtual systems, using ESXI, managing the backup operations using Moose FS and Bacula;
- Experience in monitoring systems (Zabbix, Grafana);
- Knowledge of networking principles and experience in networking (planning and overseeing implementation);
- Ability to work late and weekend shifts;
- Willingness to learn.
Interested candidates are welcome to submit a resume and portfolio via the Company's career portal at: www.tinyurl.com/Tumo-career
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Tumo is a free after-school program designed for teens. Since the program's launch in 2011, four Tumo centers have opened their doors in Armenia: in Yerevan, Dilijan (in collaboration with the Central Bank), Gyumri and Stepanakert (in collaboration with AGBU). A new, fifth Tumo center is planned to launch in the northern border village of Koghb, in Tavush. Under the Tumo educational program, students get acquainted with four main focus areas: animation, web design, game development and filmmaking, and ten complementary skills, including robotics, programming, photography, music and more.