Byblos Bank Armenia is looking for a Legal Officer/ Litigation to join its team.
- Handle legal documents;
- Upon assignment by the Head of Legal Unit represent the interests of the Bank and its customers (where applicable) before the courts and/ or arbitration tribunals in Armenia, including but not limited to:
a) Drafting and submitting to courts (general jurisdiction, bankruptcy and administrative, etc) and arbitration tribunals legal claims, bankruptcy applications and other procedural documents;
b) Participating in the court hearings;
c) Ensuring all the actions required for protection of the Bank’s interests are taken within the time limits set by the legislation and/ or internal legal acts of the Bank;
d) Keeping updated the database of legal cases;
e) Ensuring the proper maintenance of files of legal cases;
f) Preparing periodic reports on the statuses of legal cases;
- Represent the interests of the Bank before Financial System Mediator, as well as other authorities, including regulators, legal authorities, notaries;
- Work on legal research and stay updated of all newly issued laws;
- Assist the Head of Legal Unit in developing legal awareness among the staff, prepare short presentations and small trainings on certain legal issues;
- Comment on drafts of laws and other legal acts as well as on existing ones upon assignment of the management of the Bank and/ or Head of Legal Unit;
- Upon assignment of the Head of Legal Unit draft, review and update all contracts pertaining to the operation of the Bank and verify all templates provided to branches and departments;
- Verify the accuracy of all legal documents provided by clients;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as described in the internal legal acts (policies and procedures) of the Bank and/ or assigned by the management of the Bank.
- Master’s degree in Law;
- At least 2 years of relevant experience; experience in banking is preferable;
- Advocate’s license will be considered as an advantage;
- Good knowledge of MS Office and other standard applications;
- Fluency in English language, including verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to analyze in depth the legal aspect of a situation and give reliable advice accordingly;
- Ability to respond quickly and take immediate actions;
- Ability to write detailed documents and presentations;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are welcome to apply by following the link: https://ats.hirebee.ai/en/jobs/legal-officer-litigations-4/apply
. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am. Thanks.